uh oh, turned faucet knob and no water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh oh, turned faucet knob and no water

Is this a symptom of frozen pipes? Just went to the restroom to wash my hands, turned hot water knob and no water. Turned cold on and plenty of water. Went over to my wife's sink and water on both sides. Is this an indicator of a frozen pipe? Anything I can do at this point or am I fubared?

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
    Is this a symptom of frozen pipes? Just went to the restroom to wash my hands, turned hot water knob and no water. Turned cold on and plenty of water. Went over to my wife's sink and water on both sides. Is this an indicator of a frozen pipe? Anything I can do at this point or am I fubared?
    If the water worked on her side you should be fine. Check the valve on your side.. Or your faucet is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      If the water worked on her side you should be fine. Check the valve on your side.. Or your faucet is broken.
      Ok im hoping that is it. I did though get under the sink and the hot water pipe coming in from the wall running up to the hot water side is ice cold, the cold water pipe is cold, but not that cold. I just ran a hair dryer down there on the valve/line for about 5 minutes but still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
        Ok im hoping that is it. I did though get under the sink and the hot water pipe coming in from the wall running up to the hot water side is ice cold, the cold water pipe is cold, but not that cold. I just ran a hair dryer down there on the valve/line for about 5 minutes but still nothing.
        Based on the other thread maybe you should leave it open a little now. IDK, I never have.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Based on the other thread maybe you should leave it open a little now. IDK, I never have.
          yea, as of now i have every faucet (both) and tubs/showers trickling

Comment

Same issue here, Hot water on one side of the house and the other no hot water. Ran the hair dryer onto the sink pipes and nothing. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
              Same issue here, Hot water on one side of the house and the other no hot water. Ran the hair dryer onto the sink pipes and nothing. Oh well...
              let me know if yours comes back on, i did the hair dryer another 10 mins and nada.

Comment

Leave the undersink cabinets open. Turn the heat up in the house a little higher than usual. Run the hot water on the nearest sink. That will warm up the line from the heater to that sink, and eventually the one that's frozen.

<=== lived in northern Michigan for five years.
                Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
                  Leave the undersink cabinets open. Turn the heat up in the house a little higher than usual. Run the hot water on the nearest sink. That will warm up the line from the heater to that sink, and eventually the one that's frozen.

<=== lived in northern Michigan for five years.
                  thanks man! I did that and after about two minutes it came shooting out, hot water back in service, thanks again.

Comment

I kind of have the same issue.. I have a toilet at work that quit working today (valve is open but wont run fresh water into the unit) the wall it backs up to is brick to the north part of the building. It will still flush if you fill manually fill the bowl up with water.. foezen line of a bigger problem?
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I have my main kitchen faucet dripping tonight but forgot to do my master bathroom faucets as they sit directly in an outer wall. Dropped a load and went to wash my hands this morning and no cold water from one of the faucets. Hot & cold work in the tub & the separate shower. There are two sinks in our master. The cold & hot work on my wife's sink. Only hot works on mine.

I'm hoping I'm not screwed by a bursting pipe! I just bought this damn house a year ago....
                      Hellcat Charger

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        I kind of have the same issue.. I have a toilet at work that quit working today (valve is open but wont run fresh water into the unit) the wall it backs up to is brick to the north part of the building. It will still flush if you fill manually fill the bowl up with water.. foezen line of a bigger problem?
                        sounds like its froze, probe not a busted line yet. get a small space heater or something and set it by the wall/toilet area maybe? not really sure what to do since you cant really trickle your toilet. Im seriously ready for above freezing temps, so done with this mess.
                        -Blaine

Comment

Working...
                        X