Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances that my dogs will survive tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances that my dogs will survive tonight?

My family and I went out to dinner tonight and our dogs were in the backyard. We were gone for 45 mins to an hour and when we got back the wind blew open the gate and our dogs were gone. I've been driving around for at least two hours calling their names and spot lighting everywhere and can't find them. I have the gate still open cause they have ran off before but always have return to the house. This time they haven't. Hopefully someone found them and put them in their garage or somewhere out of the cold. But if not what do you think the chances are that my dogs will survive the night. One is an American Eskimo which I think will be fine cause she has thick hair but the other one is a black lab. Even though she is kinda fat she doesn't have as thick of hair as the other one. Hopefully they return sometime tonight. My wife and kids are all upset. This has to be the worst night for them not to come home.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Tags?

Good note: not many cars on road
    Bad note: cold

But IMO if someone sees them running around they'd put them up and try to reach out.

Comment

Well, I figure given that dogs have survived thousands of years with or without human intervention, I would think they will find a place and be fine. I have a husky and I could hardly get him inside. He loves this weather and wants me to chase him. He finally started wimpering last night about 2am so I let him in the garage with food in water. IN a few minutes he was scratching and begging to go back out.

Comment

That sucks man and I hope they make it back home and soon.

Comment

If i saw dogs running around i'd get them warm and safe before anything else. Check your animal shelter.

Comment

These are dangerous temps even for animals. It is possible to survive, but it's incredible difficult for animals that are not use to these conditions let alone be out there for many consecutive hours. Hope you are able to find them soon.

Comment

sorry to hear.

Were any of them longhair? Hopefully so and hopefully they were not indoor dogs. What part of the metroplex are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                If i saw dogs running around i'd get them warm and safe before anything else. Check your animal shelter.
                also call the police dept to have officers on the lookout.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  Tags?

Good note: not many cars on road
                  Bad note: cold

But IMO if someone sees them running around they'd put them up and try to reach out.
                  Hopefully if someone sees them they help, some people are dicks though and dont try to help animals that need help. They should be ok in the cold for one night, yes its really freakin cold, but as long as they can find a place to sleep out of the wind they should be ok. Id call all the local shelters/animal control in the morning to see if they have any info.

Comment

hopefully she is an english lab and has her coat.

here is what my english looked like:

Comment

Sorry guys for not replying sooner. My buddy called me and said he found a black lab. So I went to meet up with him but it wasn't her. So heading home I decide to drive around my neighborhood once more. Well as soon as I turn on the first street I realize that I hadn't been down that street where it ends. So I went down there and sure enough there were both of my dogs. They were curled up under a tree. If I didn't have a spotlight I would have never seen them. Thank god I found them. My Black lab was shaking and I could tell she was freezing. Thanks for the nice responds. My kids will be so happy when they wake up. We've had that American Eskimo for 7 years and the black lab for 3. And my kids are 5 and 6 so they have grown up with them their whole life and love them more then anything. Now I need to fix that fence so it won't blow open again.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

Good to hear! I wonder about people out there that don't care as much for theirs.

Comment

I'm glad you found them, but you shouldn't have left them outside on a day like this.
                          Ded

Comment

Wow, that's so awesome that you found them. I would hate to be in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                              I'm glad you found them, but you shouldn't have left them outside on a day like this.
                              They have been inside the whole day since my wife stayed home with the kids cause school was cancelled. They were only outside while we were gone to dinner. Which was only 45 mins to an hour. They do have a big dog house with blankets in it. I just wasn't expecting the gate to blow open.

Comment

Working...
                              X