Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is it with wireless carriers now days!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
    Republic wireless. $10/m when I want to use wifi data only. $25/m if I want to have mobile data. Can switch plans whenever I want.

Been with them about a year and half.

My referral link so I can get $19, almost two months free.

https://republicwireless.com/phones?...urce=Friendbuy
    You just pegged my cheap ass meter. I'm on my cell so the site is difficult to navigate but are they only in the metroplex?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
      You just pegged my cheap ass meter. I'm on my cell so the site is difficult to navigate but are they only in the metroplex?
      They've worked everywhere I've been. Even 20 miles or so in the gulf.

On occasion, a call can be less than stellar quality. I think it's when changing over from wifi to cellular. Never been more than noticeable, and only occasionally even that.

I had worse quality with sprint, for 7 times the price.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        They've worked everywhere I've been. Even 20 miles or so in the gulf.

On occasion, a call can be less than stellar quality. I think it's when changing over from wifi to cellular. Never been more than noticeable, and only occasionally even that.

I had worse quality with sprint, for 7 times the price.
        What phone did you buy? I listed my current iphone on ebay to lessen the blow of switching carriers. I'll also use the link you posted so you get a discount if I take the plunge.

if anybody wants to bid

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
          What phone did you buy? I listed my current iphone on ebay to lessen the blow of switching carriers. I'll also use the link you posted so you get a discount if I take the plunge.

if anybody wants to bid
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/251635216082...082%26_rdc%3D1
          I went with the moto x, but they didn't have the moto g when I bought. At half the price, and probably better battery life, I probably would go with the moto g. Seems to have the same stuff, minus the better camera in the moto x, which I hardly use anyway.
          Last edited by sc281; 09-02-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X