Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy race fuel?

I need some race fuel for my Banshee.

Did a tear down, found out it had high compression head domes, and I'm advancing the timing 4* so it's a must have. Cycle center is asking $120 + tax for 5 gallons renegade sx2 fuel. $24 a gallon seems outrageous.

Where locally (Denton, Fort Worth) area can I pick up some race gas at a good price? I'm thinking 110 should be fine.

I know the Northstar sells it but I'm sure it's at a premium cost there too.

Please and thanks!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Bates Cycle Shop in Carrollton sells it.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Bates Cycle Shop in Carrollton sells it.
      Is it $120 for 5 gallons? lol I know they have to mark it up but cycle center was retarded high compared to what people are paying for vp and Sunoco.

And I'll look into it, thanks!

Comment

smilies?

related: When we went to Road America, my teamates underestimated the amount of fuel I was using, and I ran out on the track. Apparently our only option at that point was to buy gas from the track pumps, and rather than throw a gallon in and then fuel with the gas jugs on the hot pit, we just filled the tank with the lowest grade they offered, 105ish. I grabbed the receipt as it printed and it was 115 bucks! I radio'ed the driver that went out, who also swiped his card at the pump, to enjoy the hell out of the next two hours on track, because it was the most expensive stint he'd ever had.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The gas station outside of Motorsport Ranch in Cresson has a VP pump, 110 was I think $8 a gallon last time I looked. It's not premixed though obviously.

Sadly that price isn't bad for premixed 2 stroke race fuel. VPs MRX02 (non oxygenated) is $30+ a gallon.

Avgas is under $6 a gallon btw. http://www.airnav.com/airport/KGKY

Comment

Convert and run alcohol, pussy!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              The gas station outside of Motorsport Ranch in Cresson has a VP pump, 110 was I think $8 a gallon last time I looked. It's not premixed though obviously.

Sadly that price isn't bad for premixed 2 stroke race fuel. VPs MRX02 (non oxygenated) is $30+ a gallon.

Avgas is under $6 a gallon btw. http://www.airnav.com/airport/KGKY
              Not premixed , but the 2 stroke formula at 5.5% oxygen. Is what renegade sx2 is.

and av gas has a higher density because of the lead and requires rejetting from what I understand.

I wouldn't mind using it, just need to learn wtf I am doing before I go balls deep and make it unridable lol

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Convert and run alcohol, pussy!
                Those carbs are half of what I have paid for the whole bike! lol

I'm still learning this carb tuning shit lol

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  Not premixed , but the 2 stroke formula at 5.5% oxygen. Is what renegade sx2 is.

and av gas has a higher density because of the lead and requires rejetting from what I understand.

I wouldn't mind using it, just need to learn wtf I am doing before I go balls deep and make it unridable lol
                  Density = specific gravity, it's not really dependent on the lead content though. If you scorched a piston I'd avoid the oxygenated fuels. Or figure out what is easily available and jet accordingly.

Comment

Maybe SMS racing on 377 carries it.
                    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Density = specific gravity, it's not really dependent on the lead content though. If you scorched a piston I'd avoid the oxygenated fuels. Or figure out what is easily available and jet accordingly.
                      I caught it in time before anything happened, idk what the previous owner was running. But it seemed to run okay on a 32:1 93 octane, but I didn't do a compression check before tear down, but google tells me 19cc domes = high octane required.

I really need to get it back together and go from there, just getting all my options in line. In anticipating 175-190psi of compression.
                      Last edited by 91CoupeMike; 09-12-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X