Kind of torn on what to do, employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of torn on what to do, employment

Long story short, after honorably serving, I got out of the military last week for good. I have been wanting to start working at a car dealership working in new sales, but just don't know what I want to do. Really, I don't know a lot about what is out here; have not lived in the area for 2 years. One thing I haven't and am not going to do is collect unemployment. I'm used to working 70-90 hour weeks average, going to the field for 3 weeks at a time. Hours don't bother me. Any suggestions?
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

chooo chooo hiring big time still.

Comment

You'd be a dope to not go to college with the post 9/11 G.I. Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        This.

Long hours in the oilfields equals big $$$$$.

Comment

Whatever you do, invest in yourself first. Don't run around and waste time on nonsense.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Car sales is your first thought?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              Yup.. my GI Bill was Pre 9/11 and I still feel like an idiot for not getting the most out of it. Post 9/11 is a killer deal compared to what I had.

Comment

Go down to Corpus and go work for Skip while going to school.

Comment

Learn air conditioning.People like staying cool down here!

Comment

Use the GI Bill and punch yourself in the dick for "Car Salesman" being your first thought on employment.

Comment

Definitely use the GI Bill and get a degree.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

What was your MOS? Do you want to work in a related field? Have you considered working for the government in another capacity?

There are many way better jobs for veterans than car sales. Bell Helicopter and Lockheed come to mind immediately and you'll be considered before anyone that hasn't served. That and there are hundreds of DOD jobs in the area.

Oh yeah and don't forget about the Hazelwood Act! You live in Texas so you should qualify. Free education is better than paying for it.

Comment

What kind of dealership do you want to work for, I ask because I can get you hooked up with just about any AutoNation store in DFW.

Comment

Oilfield is an option but not long term for most people unless you are an engineer. Our company loves hiring vets, pay and hours are better than the car industry which is where I was before.

Bell and Lockheed are union, just something to keep in mind. American Eurocopter is not and they are down in Grand Prairie. No matter what there are lots of jobs for vets in DFW. As stated a free education may be best long term

Comment

Just curious, why'd you get out?
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
                              X