Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• es o si que es...

socks...

there's nothing better than brand new socks. once my .22lr and cow skin rug investments mature, I plan to wear brand new socks every day and donate the others to goodwill

but in the mean time, I buy new socks every couple/few months... at least 6 pair. I buy the same exact socks every time. I only OWN that one particular brand/style.

My wife thought I was crazy when I started on my quest to only have ONE sock brand/style in my arsenal. It's been this way for about a year or so.

When the elastic on mine get over about 25% wider than a fresh one, they go in the trash.

I was reminded of my brilliance earlier when I was on the phone with a buddy, and he had a side bar with his wife and said, "If I can't find a fucking matching pair of socks, I'm going to burn this fucking house down."

I had a come to jesus talk with him about going to a single-sock system. When I do laundry, I don't have to waste a moment of my ever-shorter life trying to match up socks. I think he's on the path now.

My wife, on the other hand, I don't think owns two pair of socks that are identical. I think she might be retarded. She did marry me, so I guess that kinda makes sense
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

I only wear gold toe brand socks.

Comment

I slowly began eliminating socks a few years ago down to a single brand. They keep fucking with me and changing them though.

Comment

I've been on this path for a couple years. Recently I've been having trouble finding my chosen sock, so I'm about to have to switch.
        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Clarks socks have a lifetime warranty FWIW.

Once they show signs of wear you can take them back up there and get a fresh pair free.
          WRX

Comment

thankfully they haven't changed mine in a good while. CE Schmidt boot socks with elastic support around the main part of the foot. They don't get whored out and shimmy down and bunch up around your foot.

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
              I've been on this path for a couple years. Recently I've been having trouble finding my chosen sock, so I'm about to have to switch.
              I weep for you... if it ever comes to that, I'm just throwing everything out and starting over with a fresh 30 pair

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                I weep for you... if it ever comes to that, I'm just throwing everything out and starting over with a fresh 30 pair
                I'm going to do some searching this weekend, but if it has to happen, it has to happen.
                Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    30 pair? Damn.. Do you wear multiple pairs in a day, or just not do laundry very often?

Comment

I did this a decade ago. It was liberating to throw away all those godawful three stripe knee-highs I'd been rocking since elementary school.

All I have now are cotton, half-calf black gold-toes with good elastic on them. Every six months or so I find a few that are more worn than the others, throw them out, and buy a new pack. I do have a couple of pairs of white running socks for workouts - they're all the same too.

Gangster alert: I don't even roll them into pairs - I just dump them in the sock drawer all willy-nilly. Drives my gf batshit crazy.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I only wear knee high socks

Comment

I have a couple pair of "boot socks" and the rest are ankle socks that are all so similar that I wouldn't know if one was mismatched. One of the many reasons my wife is up for sainthood, she has never complained about matching socks.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I don't wear socks with sandals/flip flops.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              I don't wear socks with sandals/flip flops.
                              how do you keep your feet warm in the winter?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X