Car swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car swap?

My 97 Cobra needs some love. 65,XXX miles and running strong, a bit bouncy and a few things rattle. Well maybe it needs more than some love. I would love to get an outside perspective on it and suggestions on improvements. I came up with a crazy idea to lend my car to another mustang lover for a few days who most likely has more knowledge about the car than I do. I trust that this site would have that person who wouldn't try to steal it or swap parts or do anything evil.
    I don't have another car so I would need something to drive in the meantime. Doesn't have to be fancy, but fancy would be ok with me :speechess: .

Let me know what you guys think. I love my car and I want to love it more.

oh boy...

Comment

I drive your car, you can use my rollerblades. You'll need new rear tires when I'm done. Deal?

Comment

Swap out with a 96 if you really want to love it more. 96-98 where some of the slowest for their time.

Comment

Userx sure if your rollerblades have twin turbos with 28psi.

The idea is to see where money should go and in what order. Or if someone who works on cars wants to borrow it and tinker with it I'll throw cash in. I'm not looking for the fastest car, which is why I'm rolling stock sans intake and exhaust

Comment

Man, I barely let my family drive my car, no way would I trust anyone off this forum. Fix the rattles with a screwdriver and fix the bouncy suspension with new shocks. Any mods should be your plan, not someone else's. Have some pride.

Comment

What the fuck is going on in here?

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                What the fuck is going on in here?
                A shining example of modern science and ethics preventing Darwinism from doing it's job.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  A shining example of modern science and ethics preventing Darwinism from doing it's job.
                  Motherfucking this! This place would be a hell of a lot better if natural selection were still in effect.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Lmao.

I will loan my 14 silverado for a civic, can't take my truck off road or smoke in it though

Comment

I have found a great performance tuning business called Gearheads, they are great with tuning.modifying my ecoboost 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        I have found a great performance tuning business called Gearheads, they are great with tuning.modifying my ecoboost 3.5

Welcome to 2007.

OP, most people won't need to drive a 96-98 Cobra to tell you its short comings, especially in the rattling department. Throw an IRS with some 373's at minimum in it, then replace the shocks, struts, and all the rubber bushings in the front end and get it aligned.

Comment

Talisman is the first one talking some sense in here. Been to gearheads. Upgraded my 32V courtesy of Nationwide.
                          There are primarily two issues that can be pinpointed better after driving it more than one time.
                          I can't determine where creaking is coming from while turning the steering wheel. Bushings? Tierods?
                          Notchy shifting. Specifically fourth. Synchros? Install non-OEM shifter?
                          It might be a crazy idea to let most of y'all^^ borrow it or drive it for a day, so if you are sane then let's talk.

Comment

This has bad idea written all over it.
                            Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

Being an original owner of a 07 Cobra, the first thing you need to do is a number of things. In no particular order either. Change the shifter to a Pro 5.0, this will extend the life of the transmission. Aluminum driveshaft, sub-frame connectors installed (welded of course). Upper and Lower rear end control bars. Gears 4:10's or 4:30's and go ahead and install Auburn HPS Differential (or similar), larger aluminum radiator (I have a Ron Davis), T-45 Transmission mount, Front and rear lower stabilizer bar, all the bushings up front.

All these things will make your Cobra a more enjoyable ride...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X