Colder next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colder next year?

“This year has just been contrasting to what most other first year La Niñas have shown except for the 1910s,” she said. “It’s been a little bit out of the norm.”

Below-average temperatures have been recorded across much of the eastern two-thirds of the country, according to AccuWeather.com.

La Niña became the strongest on record in December, Bastardi said, and is not scheduled to disappear completely until 2012.

With the first winter of the La Niña cycles normally the warmest, that means much of the eastern half of the U.S. is in for a chill for the next two, Buchman said.

Such a pattern hasn’t been seen since the late 1910s, according to AccuWeather.
    http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...950/1002/LOCAL
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Wharz global warming?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      Wharz global warming?
      C'mon now, you know they have some cockamamie answer for it. Something to the effect of extreme heat brings in extreme cold...
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

You know what I've learned in the last decade? Climatologists don't know a fucking thing about this planet at all. Every time i hear the word "el nino" or "la nina" I think about how fucking clueless this shit really is. Do any of you remember this much snow? I hadn't seen real snow in texas until I was 16 years old - and I had to go to Iowa to see it. Now, every damn year we're getting 4+ inches it seems. Global warming is a obvious bunch of bullshit, and personally I think this "el nino", and "la nina" shit is also a scam. The only certainty is they don't know shit.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Wharz global warming?
          It's trapped inside of Al Gore's peace prize.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            C'mon now, you know they have some cockamamie answer for it. Something to the effect of extreme heat brings in extreme cold...
            Oh you haven't heard? Global Warming causes the oceans to get warmer and changes the water currents. As a result the weather patterns change causing extreme weather such as "colder than normal" in the winter. The global warming can actually cause the Earth's temperature to drop b/c the weather patterns change ie. El Nino and La Nina.

Repent now! Buy CO2 credit and decrease your emissions while you still can! Never mind the cyclical changes that have been proven time and time again. Forget about the previous ice ages the planet has experienced. You guys are killing the Earth and if we don't do something now, then we will all kill the planet!

BTW I'm totally kidding I don't believe in "global warming" and Al Gore!!!!
            Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
            http://www.titantowing.net
            -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                You know what I've learned in the last decade? Climatologists don't know a fucking thing about this planet at all.
                nice! i'm stealing that btw

Comment

Same fools were saying the 2006 and so on hurricane seasons would be worse than the 05 storms......still waiting.

Comment

The statement has been made that the green movement is one of control. Clearly it isn't based on logic.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      I hadn't seen real snow in texas until I was 16 years old - and I had to go to Iowa to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        The statement has been made that the green movement is one of control. Clearly it isn't based on logic.
                        Gee. Kind of like health-care?

Comment

Working...
                        X