Mustang Ecoboost has engine noises through the stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Ecoboost has engine noises through the stereo

No, not alternator whine or ground loops. The stereo makes engine noises. When they did it in the Focus I thought that was retarded. Now I know someone there went full retard. Gotta be some VPs nephew or something that still draws with crayons. Sitting in a board room meeting one day and he blurts out "The stereo should go 'VROOOMMMM!'" and someone nodded for fear of their job while that VP was watching.

That's how I am going to imagine it anyway.

In a press release for its 2015 Mustang, Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] product development chief Raj Nair states that the “visceral look, sound and performance of Mustang resonates with people, even if they’ve never driven one.” But in the case of the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost, the sound he’s talking about is more likely to be coming from...
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

I think it's clever, but I don't drive boring cars.

Comment

Yea the base model Equinox subwoofer is used to baffle engine noise. The subwoofer does not even connected to hear with the stereo.

Comment

Clever sure, but gimme the option to turn that bullshit off. That being said, properly engineer a fucking exhaust system, lazy asses!

Comment

It was annoying in my Focus.

Comment

Wish they'd have this feature in my super duty to make it sound like a diesel.

Comment

My EcoBoost sounds like a clickity sewing machine with some occasional turbo whistle. I doubt I'd ever put any sort of exhaust on it, b/c they seem to be about the worst sounding V6's out there.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                Wish they'd have this feature in my super duty to make it sound like a diesel.
                LOL, which Super Duty do you have?
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

BMW M5 was doing this years ago.

Comment

That's better than those fart-cans where everybody hears the lameness.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      LOL, which Super Duty do you have?

The new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        My EcoBoost sounds like a clickity sewing machine with some occasional turbo whistle. I doubt I'd ever put any sort of exhaust on it, b/c they seem to be about the worst sounding V6's out there.
                        Yeah, I've heard a few hot rodded EB trucks and was not impressed with the sound.

I'm wondering if the 4 cyl EcoBoost's will sound any better with exhaust, or if it is going to have the same "fart can" sound as other 4 cyl cars.
                        Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

Working...
                        X