Phil Collins gives Texas a gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Collins gives Texas a gift

Heard about this a while back. Really cool of him.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Yup. I never would've pegged him for a fan of Texas history, but I'll take it. In addition to his collection, the word is, he's in talks to give Texas a bunch of money for additional museum space near the Alamo. The state of Texas actually has big plans for the Alamo. I just hope we can make them happen.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The man knows his stuff when it comes to the alamo. I had the opportunity to meet him and figured he was just rich and wanted to collect shit. But was shocked at his passion about it.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          Yup. I never would've pegged him for a fan of Texas history, but I'll take it. In addition to his collection, the word is, he's in talks to give Texas a bunch of money for additional museum space near the Alamo. The state of Texas actually has big plans for the Alamo. I just hope we can make them happen.
          I'm guessing its off site so they can avoid issues with the DoR

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            Expanding the basement to fit more bicycles.

Comment

I heard he gave them a letter a while back, but his entire collection is outstanding.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                Expanding the basement to fit more bicycles.
                Heh

Comment

What a nice gesture! I've always liked his music, and had no idea he was such an avid collector of texas artifacts. Hell, I live in san antonio now and will be sure to keep an eye out for the collection.

Comment

Is that Phil Collins in the top picture? Man he looks old!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Is that Phil Collins in the top picture? Man he looks old!
                      He was a professional musician 40 years ago. He is old.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Kindness is in the air tonight.

Comment

Working...
                        X