Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe in needed please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe in needed please....

My buddy that I've been best friends with since we were 8-10 years old's two step-sons were in a really bad accident yesterday morning in Van Alstyne.

He is in critical condition as of right now and is going to have a long road ahead of him.

VAN ALSTYNE, Texas -- Police report a multivehicle accident on Thursday morning in Van Alstyne that injured two teens and another person may have been caused by distracted driving.

Police say two brothers, De'Angelo Alexander and Dont'e Kehler were in a small white sedan that was traveling southbound on Highway 5 when the car crossed into the opposing lane and struck two vehicles traveling northbound.

The white sedan landed in a ravine on the northbound side of the road.

A silver Nissan sedan came to rest off the roadway and another silver sedan came to rest in the middle of the road.

"The southbound vehicle landed here in the ditch. We had a total of 4 people that were involved and 3 of them were transported, one of them by air ambulance," Chief Tim Barnes, said.

Both Alexander and Kehler are listed on Van Alstyne's Varsity football team.

The passenger in the white sedan, Alexander, was transported by ambulance to a hospital where he was treated and released.

The driver of the white sedan, Kehler, was airlifted by CareFlite to a hospital in Plano.

The third person who was injured was taken by ambulance to Wilson N. Jones in Sherman with non-life threatening injuries, and the fourth person involved was treated and released on scene.

Van Alstyne Police Chief Tim Barnes said the department is investigating whether texting played a factor in the incident.

"There's a possibility speed was a factor and, or texting," Barnes said. "We're marking the scene so that we can draw the crash scene back to scale."

That really sucks. I'm pulling for them, Aaron.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

oh man. prayers sent.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers out to all those involved and their families.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers sent.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Thanks guys.

As of right now what I know is:

He swerved off the road, panicked and overcorrected which sent them into a 360 spin into on-coming traffic. The on-coming car broadsided them in the left rear door which sent them spinning and another car hit them sending them flying over the guardrail end over end and down a 25ft ravine.

They had to cut him out of the car.

When they first got on the scene, they thought his arm had been severed because they couldn't see it. It had been dislocated and was behind his back.

When they care flighted him to Plano, he was "clinically dead" due to his blood pressure being 40/14, but as soon as they started giving him blood it shot up to 100/50 and has improved since. Probably his saving grace there was being an athlete and being in such good shape.

They removed his spleen yesterday.

His pelvis is shattered (heartbreaking because he was the running back for the Varsity Van Alstyne football team) and they have not been able to control blood loss in his legs, so the orthopedic surgeon was supposed to be there at 7:30 am this morning to try to get everything moved around in the pelvic area so they can get the blood loss under control.

His brother, the passenger, hit his head on the door glass and was knocked out, which is probably the only reason he came out virtually unscathed.

Comment

They are going to get a lot of support from the community as well.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That's horrible, I saw a pic on the DFW Scanner page of FB, after it was cut open.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  They are going to get a lot of support from the community as well.
                  I'm sure they will. Both brothers were a big driving force on the football team, and Donte regularly scored multiple touchdowns per game.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  That's horrible, I saw a pic on the DFW Scanner page of FB, after it was cut open.
                  Which exact DFW Scanner page was it ? I'm finding a couple different ones on FB but didn't see any mention of it on the ones I found.

Comment

Thankfully those in the other cars seem to be fine.

Comment

I don't wish the outcome on anybody, but such a senseless situation, that text could have waited.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        I don't wish the outcome on anybody, but such a senseless situation, that text could have waited.
                        I don't believe this has been confirmed, but it is certainly a possibility and I concur. I have been pondering ways to help prevent this when my kids are old enough - it basically boils down to preach til you can't preach anymore and hopefully they get it.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Horrible, very sorry to hear that.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                            I'm sure they will. Both brothers were a big driving force on the football team, and Donte regularly scored multiple touchdowns per game.

Which exact DFW Scanner page was it ? I'm finding a couple different ones on FB but didn't see any mention of it on the ones I found.
                            I've only liked one, and I remember the picture thinking that it looked bad. I just went back and tried to find it, but couldnt.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sucks.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X