voting....your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voting....your thoughts

do you think a vote for the Libertarian party takes a vote from the Reps.???

i believe it does. i voted straight Rep, unless there was no Dem. then i voted Lib. what do yall think?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

I voted a straight Republican ticket myself during early voting last week. I would assume it's a safe bet that voting for a Libertarian candidate would typically take a vote that otherwise would have gone to a Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      do you think a vote for the Libertarian party takes a vote from the Reps.???

i believe it does. i voted straight Rep, unless there was no Dem. then i voted Lib. what do yall think?

god bless.
      That is my opinion as well. Splitting the party means libs win and the country loses.

Comment

At this point, voting Libertarian is a statement more than a vote.

David

Comment

If half the people complaining about "throwing their vote away" actually voted for the person they wanted to vote for, something might actually get done in this country. God that fucking shit pisses me off to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
            At this point, voting Libertarian is a statement more than a vote.
            I share this opinion and about the only time I'll go that way is for POTUS. My vote isn't going to affect the election at all since Texas is overwhelmingly Republican but if a 3rd party gets 5% of the popular vote they get matching funds which helps tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              If half the people complaining about "throwing their vote away" actually voted for the person they wanted to vote for, something might actually get done in this country. God that fucking shit pisses me off to no end.
              This!
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Like your vote counts lol. The last 2 presidents didn't win the peoples vote.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                  Like your vote counts lol. The last 2 presidents didn't win the peoples vote.
                  It is pretty sad when American Idol winners get more votes than a POTUS. Then again that's because half the people that have died in the last 20 years are voting Democrat.

Comment

I think voting straight party ticket is a complete waste as well.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Vote for what is important to you. My problem is - that leaves no viable candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        It is pretty sad when American Idol winners get more votes than a POTUS. Then again that's because half the people that have died in the last 20 years are voting Democrat.
                        If I could vote via text......

My concern of voting for a Libertarian candidate is the same as mentioned above. But I also believe Talisman's point has a lot of validity as well.

Still not 100% what I am going to do. Not a big fan of some of the republican candidates, definitively don't want any of the democratic candidates (that I know anything about anyways). Would probably be good with some of the Libertarian's but what are their chances of winning..

Comment

The reality is that my single vote isn't going to make the difference, so to everyone but me, it's pretty insignificant. But I take it very seriously. It's my endorsement. I'm putting my name and my stamp of approval on someone else and what they stand for. I have yet to be exposed to a candidate that is worthy or even motivates me to choose them over the others. Therefore, I don't vote. Heck, I think it's a tragedy that the vast majority of voters are just voting blindly, whether it be because of race, religion, influence of their peers, or a popularity contest. Same goes for voting for one party all the way down. And a lot of those people only get out and vote because there is such a push for them to do so. I definitely don't think Americans should be stripped of their right to vote, but in my opinion, this whole push to "exercise your right" is irresponsible and dangerous.

Deep down, I wish only the truly inspired/informed/responsible folks voted.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            It's textbook coordination failure, dude.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                            X