quality pliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quality pliers

What's everybody's take on the best for the money quality pliers. I'm in the aircraft industry and currently use harbor freight pliers Lol. Had them for almost 10 years but I'm looking to upgrade. Everything else I have are higher quality and the pliers are the last to be upgraded. I upgraded my diagonal cutters and smooth jaw adjustable pliers to knipex.

What I'm looking for is the best for the money pliers. Thanks.

I use Snap-On. Considering they got their start in A&P I'd use em in your profession.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Knipex, Snap-On, Craftsman has some decent USA made pliers. What style are you looking for? There are only a million different kinds of pliers.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by EW; 11-04-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Klein

Comment

snapon>knipex>irwin>chanel>klein

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
            I'm going to call BS on this one. Knipex is top dawg.
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I just purchased more knipex. That way it'll match my other items in my travel box. Not sure how I'll warranty them. But then again my only tools I've ever really warrantied are my Craftsmas ratchets... Every time I go into sears and look at their tools the more I feel like harbor freight and craftsman must use the same vendor. It's really quite sad.

I don't make the cheese to buy Snapon. Besides our truck that comes to our facility the driver is a douche bag and I wont buy shit from him.

Next I need to buy is some torque wrenches. I've currently been looking at CDI Torque wrenches. They make snap on torque wrenches and I can get them for half the price. That's another big reason why I refuse Snap on.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                Didn't realize Klein was at the bottom of the list.

My coworker has channellock diagonal cutters and they're pure garbage. After just six months of use there's dent marks on the cutting surface.

We also don't exactly abuse our tools in this industry. nothing is overly tight or rusted solid. That's probably why my harbor freight $10 plier set has lasted so long haha. The toughest things we use on our diagonal cutters is cutting stainless cotter pins. Who knows, maybe there's a special tool just for that?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                  decent USA made pliers
                  This. Anything not Made in China should be decent.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                    Didn't realize Klein was at the bottom of the list.
                    Me either, I've never had any issues with them.

Comment

I doubt you'll have to worry about warranty on the Knipex. Mine are going on 20yrs. and still cut like new. The big ones will cut through some serious stuff! I have quite a few different types of Knipex, no problems with any of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X