No announcement yet.

Lost my drivers license, I have to fly Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a friend of mine lost his wallet in Vegas he was able to fly back no problem, just had to go through the pat down.

Comment

How about you just call and ask?

You also need to get your BC and SS card.

Comment

You don't need ID to fly. It's called flying selectee. You basically subject yourself to extra screening. I've done it numerous times post 9/11 - the ticket agent generally has no idea what the fuck they're talking about so take a copy of the TSA policy regarding flying selectee with you.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          lmfao

Pack an audio book...

Great book.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
            How about you just call and ask?
            Going to order the BC online tonight if I don't man up and drive to Oklahoma to get a replacement in the AM.

I've tried calling the DMV... Every office in DFW... no answer. On hold with their call center now.

Comment

or, just do i like i said and go to the airport and tell them you're flying selectee.

Comment

The last time I took my MIL to the airport she left her wallet/ID at the house. She flew from DFW, made a transfer in PHL to SYR with no form of ID whatsoever.

As long as you can verify the info on your ID and they can match it up to some kind of database and you aren't a complete douchebag they'll probably let you fly.

Comment

If Texas still issues state ID's you can go that way. If not you should be fine. You'll go through more TSA bullshit so give yourself extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    You don't need ID to fly. It's called flying selectee. You basically subject yourself to extra screening. I've done it numerous times post 9/11 - the ticket agent generally has no idea what the fuck they're talking about so take a copy of the TSA policy regarding flying selectee with you.
                    Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    If Texas still issues state ID's you can go that way. If not you should be fine. You'll go through more TSA bullshit so give yourself extra time.
                    Yep...nothing difficult. And you get a free pat dowe out of it.

Or freak the eff out like everyone else and go through hoops to make the TSA happy. As if that's possible...

Comment

I opt for a pat down. I roll my eyes back, moan and start pumping air with my hips as the free service begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        I opt for a pat down. I roll my eyes back, moan and start pumping air with my hips as the free service begins.

But do you give them jazz hands?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          But do you give them jazz hands?
                          They're usually running g through the hair of the TSA agent as the search continues below my waistband.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            The documents you need to prove your identity for a DL are the same as when you need for an ID.

To help reduce identity theft, individuals must present documents to verify their identity when applying for a driver license or identification card.

There are three ways an individual can verify his/her identity:

Bring one item listed in the “Primary Identity Documents” category or
                            Bring two items listed in the “Secondary Identity Documents” category or
                            Bring one item listed in the “Secondary Identity Documents” category and two documents listed in the “Supporting Identity Documents” category
                            The information on the documents, such as name and date of birth, must all match. If the name is different on each document, then the individual must provide documents that verify a legal name change. If other information on the document is different, speak with a Customer Service Representative for assistance.

If you are using a name other than what is on your birth certificate, (example: married name), you will be required to show legal documentation of name change. Documents must be original or certified copy. No photocopies can be accepted.

Acceptable documents:

Marriage license
                            Divorce decree
                            Court ordered name change
                            Because the state of Texas does not recognize same-sex marriage, DPS cannot accept same-sex marriage licenses.

Documents listed in any of the following categories may be expired unless otherwise noted.

NOTE: A brochure listing all of the following documents is available for download.
                            Primary Identity Documents
                            An individual can present one primary document. No other documents are required to verify identity if one primary document is provided.

Primary identity documents include:

Texas driver license or Texas identification card not expired more than 2 years
                            Proof of citizenship will be required if not previously established
                            Unexpired U.S. passport book or card
                            U.S. Certificate of Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization (N-560, N-561, N-645, N-550, N-55G, N-570 or N-578)
                            Unexpired Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services document with verifiable data and identifiable photo, such as one of the following:
                            U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-179 or I-197)
                            Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
                            Foreign passport with attached temporary I-551 (immigrant visa endorsed with ADIT stamp)
                            Temporary Resident Identification Card (I-688)
                            Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
                            U.S. Travel Document (I-327 or I-571)
                            Advance Parole Document (I-512 or I-512L)
                            I-94 stamped Sec. 208 Asylee with photo
                            I-94 stamped Sec. 207 Refugee with photo
                            Refugee Travel Letter with photo, stamped by Customs and Border Protection
                            American Indian Card (I-872)
                            Northern Mariana card (I-873)
                            Foreign passport with attached visa and Form I-94
                            Unexpired U.S. military ID card for active duty, reserve or retired personnel with identifiable photo
                            Secondary Identity Documents
                            Individuals who do not have a primary document can present two secondary documents. No other documents are required to verify identity if two secondary documents are provided.

Secondary identity documents include:

Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a State Bureau of Vital Statistics or equivalent agency from a U.S. state, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia or a Canadian province
                            For U.S. citizens born abroad—Certificate of Report of Birth (DS-1350 or FS-545) or Consular Report of Birth (FS-240) issued by the U.S. Department of State
                            Original or certified copy of a court order with name and date of birth indicating a name and/or gender change from a U.S. state, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia or a Canadian province
                            Supporting Identity Documents
                            Individuals who do not have a primary document or two secondary documents can provide one secondary document (from the list above) and two supporting documents.

Supporting identity documents include:

Social security card
                            Form W-2 or 1099
                            Driver license or ID card issued by another U.S. state, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia or Canadian province (unexpired or expired less than two years)*
                            Texas driver license or ID card that has been expired more than two years
                            Temporary receipt for a Texas driver license or ID card
                            School records* (e.g., report cards, photo ID cards)
                            Unexpired U.S. military dependent identification card
                            Original or certified copy of marriage license or divorce decree (if the document is not in English, a certified translation must accompany it)
                            Voter registration card*
                            Pilot license*
                            Concealed handgun license*
                            Professional license issued by a Texas state agency
                            ID card issued by a government agency*
                            Consular document issued by a state or national government
                            Texas Inmate ID card or similar form of ID issued by Texas Department of Criminal Justice
                            Texas Department of Criminal Justice parole or mandatory release certificate
                            Federal inmate identification card
                            Federal parole or release certificate
                            Medicare or Medicaid card
                            Selective Service card
                            Immunization records*
                            Tribal membership card from federally-recognized tribe
                            Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood
                            Unexpired foreign passport
                            Unexpired insurance policy valid for the past two years (e.g., auto, home or life insurance)
                            Current Texas vehicle registration or title
                            Current Texas boat registration or title
                            Veteran's Health Identification Card (VHIC) and Proof of Service/Verification of Honorable Service Card from U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
                            Hospital-issued birth record*
                            Military records (e.g., Form DD-214)
                            *The document must be issued by an institution, entity or government from a U.S. state, a U.S. territory, the District of Columbia or a Canadian province.

Comment

You actually don't have to show a photo ID unless you are being legally detained, so if you do drive and get pulled over, you could just give them your full name and date of birth.

My dad has tons of free time, so he has been reading up on law, transportation code, etc. He cracks me up sometimes with the shit he just starts going off on telling me how to get out of a ticket, never talk to the police, etc.

Comment

I was able to get a temporary DL at the DMV. The only item they used to verify my identity was a Certificate of Birth (they don't accept these according to their website). Took 10 minutes in and out. Everyone was really nice and laid back.

10/10 would loose my DL again

Comment

Working...
                                X