Custody Dads how do you count your weekends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custody Dads how do you count your weekends

When you have custody for your kids and the papers say first, third and fifth weekends, what do you count the first weekend as??? In October, Halloween was on the fifth Friday and you have the kids that weekend, do you count that has the "first weekend" in November also or do you jump to November 7th as being the first weekend. Then you technically only have your kids two weekends in a five weekend month. Which means that the other parent gets three weekends and you only get two when the father is suppose to get the first, third and fifth. So, another question, if the first weekend is on Saturday and Sunday do you still count that as the first weekend or not? How do you and your kids mom manage the first, third and fifth weekends when a fifth weekend runs concurrent with the first weekend of the month? Having some drama with the Baby Momma....
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

My head is spinning

Comment

A weekend counts as starting on Friday and belongs to the month the Friday is in. On the months where you have a 5th weekend you will get the following weekend as well as your 1st of the following month. It's defined that way in most divorce decree standard orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
        A weekend counts as starting on Friday and belongs to the month the Friday is in. On the months where you have a 5th weekend you will get the following weekend as well as your 1st of the following month. It's defined that way in most divorce decree standard orders.
        Correctamundo

Comment

buick and b-rad are 100% correct. hope yall can work it out smoothly for the kids sake man.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Ebola!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              This..

Comment

Fuck this is easy.

Every.Other.Weekend.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Fuck this is easy.

Every.Other.Weekend.
                  Lol.. It's not though. Sometimes it works out to two weekends in a row.

Comment

It is clearly defined in your custody papers. There is nothing to argue over.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      Fuck this is easy.

Every.Other.Weekend.
                      No shit... That's how it is for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Lol.. It's not though. Sometimes it works out to two weekends in a row.
                        Yeah, this is something that most don't take advantage of, and may not even realize they get this. This happens around 4 times a year. It usually pisses the babymomma off, but it's your right.

Comment

You know, growing up my parents chose any and every reason to fight and make a huge issue out of anything or nothing, just because. I hated ever second of it, and I resent the shit out of them to this day for that. My mom still pulls the same shit with me, but I blow her off cause I dont give a fuck. Actually I do, but im not going to put up with her bullshit, plus it really pisses her off when I dont play her destructive games.

Work it out between each other, or stick strictly to the custody arrangement, but dont use it as an excuse to get a dig at your ex.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                            When you have custody for your kids and the papers say first, third and fifth weekends, what do you count the first weekend as??? In October, Halloween was on the fifth Friday and you have the kids that weekend, do you count that has the "first weekend" in November also or do you jump to November 7th as being the first weekend. Then you technically only have your kids two weekends in a five weekend month. Which means that the other parent gets three weekends and you only get two when the father is suppose to get the first, third and fifth. So, another question, if the first weekend is on Saturday and Sunday do you still count that as the first weekend or not? How do you and your kids mom manage the first, third and fifth weekends when a fifth weekend runs concurrent with the first weekend of the month? Having some drama with the Baby Momma....
                            Very simple.

It appears you've tried to reach a page that doesn't exist or has been moved. If you need further assistance -- please Contact Us or return to the home page.
                            WRX

Comment

In a related story, I found this pretty funny:

Comment

Working...
                              X