VAPE word of the year 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAPE word of the year 2014

Puff on this: Oxford Dictionaries just crowned “vape” the Word of the Year! There was some stiff competition for what would take the top spot, but 2014 belonged to the verb used to desc…

Better than selfie

Puff on this: Oxford Dictionaries just crowned “vape” the Word of the Year!
    There was some stiff competition for what would take the top spot, but 2014 belonged to the verb used to describe inhaling and exhaling vapors produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device.

“Although there is a shortlist of strong contenders … it was vape that emerged victorious,” Oxford explained in their blog announcement. “You are thirty times more likely to come across the word vape than you were two years ago, and usage has more than doubled in the past year.”

Vape originated as an abbreviation of vapor or vaporize, according to Oxford.
    The word is also used to describe the actual device or “vape pen” used to inhale the liquids or “juice.” Its definition was added in August 2014.
    The world of vaping has grown into a subculture, with lounges or “vaporiums” that offer users a broad variety of flavors and devices. Controversy has surrounded the practice, though, since not much is known yet about the potential health risks. Vaping is banned in indoor public places in New York City.

Despite vape madness, the word has been around a lot longer than people probably believe.

“You may be surprised to learn that the word vaping existed before the phenomenon,” the blog said. “Although e-cigarettes weren’t commercially available until the 21st century, a 1983 article in New Society entitled ‘Why Do People Smoke?’ contains the first known usage of the term.”

Despite this, Oxford Dictionaries research shows that vape or terms related to the word didn’t start to appear regularly in mainstream culture until 2009.
    Runners-up for the crown this year included “bae,” a slang term used for a loved one or companion, and “budtender,” which is a person who serves customers in a cannabis dispensary or shop.

The 2013 Word of the Year was “selfie.”
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

lol @ Vape.

And really lmao at "Budtender". I can tell you that my Budtender in Denver had some big ass titties...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The end is nigh.

Comment

Brien is elated!

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          Brien is elated!
          You know, you really gotta give that guy a little credit. During his epic meltdown he said he was done and wasn't ever coming back, and actually stuck to it.We've had hundreds of tards threaten the same things over the years, but unfortunately they all came back. So kudos to you, Wishywashy, wherever you are.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            You know, you really gotta give that guy a little credit. During his epic meltdown he said he was done and wasn't ever coming back, and actually stuck to it.We've had hundreds of tards threaten the same things over the years, but unfortunately they all came back. So kudos to you, Wishywashy, wherever you are.

Assuming he isn't one of the many aliases that have been trolling around for the last six months. He also wasn't hardly posting at all before the menstrual blood tears started flowing. Credit denied.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              LOL! Didn't he burn a bunch of bridges on the way out though? I mean, i agree its rare that someone says "fuck this place" and actually bounces, but it'd probably be a lot easier to do if you said "fuck you" to all your friends before doing so.

I don't think he's trolling via an alias, doesn't seem like his style. I feel like he'd be more likely to DDoS the site than come back and troll.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                LOL! Didn't he burn a bunch of bridges on the way out though? I mean, i agree its rare that someone says "fuck this place" and actually bounces, but it'd probably be a lot easier to do if you said "fuck you" to all your friends before doing so.

I don't think he's trolling via an alias, doesn't seem like his style. I feel like he'd be more likely to DDoS the site than come back and troll.

Probably should be in the HOF, and there's another thread or two that ran concurrent with this one out there..

Trying to dig into someone's records and am trying to understand with (2) FAIL_REG_SEX_OFFENDER_10_YRS = class B felony. I think it is?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Probably should be in the HOF, and there's another thread or two that ran concurrent with this one out there..

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46644
                  I wondered what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    I wondered what happened to him.

Here's another spill off thread so you can catch up.

Comment

JLuv's poem was solid gold.

Comment

LOL I hadnt thought about that meltdown in a while. Looking back, and reading the threads, still remember thinking that was a big long running joke. At least, I hoped it was at the time.

Oh, and L-0-L at Tali's death threat.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          LOL I hadnt thought about that meltdown in a while. Looking back, and reading the threads, still remember thinking that was a big long running joke. At least, I hoped it was at the time.

Oh, and L-0-L at Tali's death threat.

I hope whoever is managing my old store doesn't get shot!

Comment

Working...
                          X