Inherited a vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inherited a vise

Do people restore these? It's a little rusty but functions fine. Can I just sand it with some 80 grit and spray can it?

Why not leave it as is? It's a fucking vise, not a model a ford

Comment

It's got patina!!!

Comment

It's works but it's just a tad rough. I don't know if they sale parts for these things or not. It's got some age to it. It was my grandfathers as far back as I can remember. I know it's just a tool. I figured sanding down and spraying it is just a fun afternoon project to do.

Comment

Just lube the threads with something heavy, and live life. There's nothing wrong with it.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Look on garagejournal.com, plenty of guys jerkoff to restored vises on there.

Comment

The only vise I inherited had nothing to do with shop tools.

And yeah, just grease and use.
              Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

If you don't want it, I'll give you a case of beer for it.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                  Look on garagejournal.com, plenty of guys jerkoff to restored vises on there.
                  Ha. Truth.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Brake cleaner bath and then White lithium grease on the threads...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I blasted and recoated a very old vise last week
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

i'm thinking of painting flames and skulls on mine. what say you?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          I blasted and recoated a very old vise last week
                          I wish I knew what NO is on the side. It's hard to read. I know it's at least 25 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodcobra View Post
                            The only vise I inherited had nothing to do with shop tools.

And yeah, just grease and use.
                            !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              Why not leave it as is? It's a fucking vise, not a model a ford
                              Yep, its a tool. Wear shows it has been used.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Just lube the threads with something heavy, and live life. There's nothing wrong with it.

All I would do. I just keep my grandfathers tools oiled like he did.

Comment

Working...
                              X