Phone insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone insurance?

Picking up two new phones today and on the fence about the phone insurance. It's $11/phone, and after 12 months that comes to $264/yr plus I have to pay to pay a $150 deductible if it gets broke/lost/stolen. Any cheaper/better alternatives for phone insurance other than "Don't break your phone"?

WTF? I think I'm paying $3 a month per phone from Verizon.

Comment

My opinion, insurance is to protect me from a financial loss that I can't afford.

If I could not afford to replace my phone, it is too expensive for my budget.
      Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 11-28-2014, 12:07 PM.
      class joke
      {
      private:
      char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
      double Peas, Carrots;
      string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
      };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
        My opinion, insurance is to protect me from a financial loss that I can't afford.

If I could not afford to replace my phone, it is too expensive for my budget.
        How's that 20 year old brick working out for you?

Comment

Didn't work out for me. Galaxy S4 got broke by the usual means, and they wanted $250 for the deductible. When I signed up new at the ATT store they said it would be a $5 deductible. Which turns out is only for the iphone. In the end it was cheaper to just go with the S5. I just borrowed a friend's old phone for 3 months until i was eligible for upgrade. So i consider it a big scam.
          WH

Comment

I use squaretrade.com

Comment

I bought my upgrade for att through best buy Mobile. Geek squad was ten dollars a month and they replaced it for free every time it broke. If it's lost you are Sol

Comment

IMO, phone insurance is a rip off. I always keep my old phone, so if I loose or break my new one, I have a device to fall back too. If that wasn't an option, there is always someone selling one cheap enough to get and slap a sim card into.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  IMO, phone insurance is a rip off. I always keep my old phone, so if I loose or break my new one, I have a device to fall back too. If that wasn't an option, there is always someone selling one cheap enough to get and slap a sim card into.
                  That is what my old Iphone is for.
                  class joke
                  {
                  private:
                  double Peas, Carrots;
                  };

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                    Picking up two new phones today and on the fence about the phone insurance. It's $11/phone, and after 12 months that comes to $264/yr plus I have to pay to pay a $150 deductible if it gets broke/lost/stolen. Any cheaper/better alternatives for phone insurance other than "Don't break your phone"?
                    My opinion is to invest in a good case and then sock a few bucks each month in case you have to replace a phone. I keep all of my old phones in case I need to reuse one in this situation.

Comment

Pay for it until you're eligible for an upgrade again then cancel it.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

New phones?!?!?!?! baller......... In all seriousness, get it if its only a few bucks. I believe mine cost $8 a month and I dont have a deductible at all and all types of damage or loss are covered. TDD, you are out of touch. Go buy a decent phone brand new and you will have sticker shock. These new phones are $600-700+. Is that going to break anybody probably not but for $8 a month I dont pinch a hole in the back of my pants when I drop it.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          I keep all of my old phones in case I need to reuse one in this situation.
                          You have not seen this mans phones...... I cant believe they work as it is

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                            New phones?!?!?!?! baller......... In all seriousness, get it if its only a few bucks. I believe mine cost $8 a month and I dont have a deductible at all and all types of damage or loss are covered. TDD, you are out of touch. Go buy a decent phone brand new and you will have sticker shock. These new phones are $600-700+. Is that going to break anybody probably not but for $8 a month I dont pinch a hole in the back of my pants when I drop it.
                            I can't figure which is funniest, someone that thinks they have to have a $600 phone when they can't afford to replace or someone that thinks they need insurance for their $600 phone that they can't afford to replace.

class joke
                            {
                            private:
                            double Peas, Carrots;
                            };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                              I can't figure which is funniest, someone that thinks they have to have a $600 phone when they can't afford to replace or someone that thinks they need insurance for their $600 phone that they can't afford to replace.

The ones that do without that can have them.

Comment

Working...
                              X