Security camera recommendations needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security camera recommendations needed

I can go into more details if need be, but long story short, someone pulled in a drive near my house and stole some stuff out of a large metal barn including a 243 rifle off one of my 4-wheelers (they pulled the softcase out of the hardcase mount and took the gun out, leaving both cases). Hell the cases were probably worth as much as the gun. They also got 2 tool boxes, 2 floor jacks and an air tank. I feel pretty damn lucky to be honest.
    They didn't touch any tools laying around loose, nor a chainsaw, nor any of the ATV's, etc.

They were probably here less than 2 minutes. Literally. With that said, even with some type of silent warning system I would be hard pressed to grab a gun and get out there in time to catch them.

Several things come to mind on how to be better prepared. I am going to assume they will be back. I will be ready one way or another. I have always had a few shotguns/rifles around since I was a kid and recently got my chl also.

I will be mounting some type wildlife camera's and/or motion detectors that would notify me through my phone along with some solar powered lights since there is no electricity at this barn currently. I am thinking of having lights come on thru motion sensors. That might be enough to deter them.

I have gates that are sometimes locked, but as we all know, if they want in they will find a way.

I need recommendations of camera types and/or brands that some of you have actually used. I only want to buy this shit once.
    Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

is it within wifi range?
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

I have a couple ACTi cameras (E32, D32, and TCM-1231), but I am having a hard time recommending them. I have seen video footage online and I know they have potential to have great quality, but I am having a hard time getting the same result.

Here is one of the ACTi cameras I have and check out the rest of his blog for other camera reviews: http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1316

Daytime Video

Nighttime Video

Comment

I would guess it's about 400' from my house. How far does wifi reach?
        Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I

I have 4 of these up at my house and they are highly recommended. They are $90 or so each if you get them out of China (which I did). To record in HD though with multiple cameras, you will need a NVR system or a computer with some decent resources. I was originally going to use my HTPC to run the camera software but it just is too much for it.

Comment

Working...
          X