Questions on putting in interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on putting in interior

I have a 70 F250 that I've been toying with and I bought the carpet to go in it and a set of seats and all of that but I have no idea how to put the carpet in, put the seat belts back in and mount the buckets. I used a board member to put in the wiring for my 66 Mustang so I figure this group knows someone who does just about everything.

I won't get around to this for a bit as I'm going to have to save up for the labor but does anyone put interior in these trucks? It's a single cab with the tank in the cab.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

The carpet should not be a huge deal.
    1. Gut interior.
    2. Clean/scrub/vacuum floor.
    3. Clean floor with acetone or other cleaner/degreaser.
    4. Install Stinger Roadkill Expert, Dynamat Xtreme, etc.
    5. Install all bolts in floor for seatbelts, seats, etc. Leave them sticking up.
    6. Install Stinger carpet pad. Press pad over bolt heads, cut X where bolt heads are.
    7. Install carpet. Cut X where bolt heads are.
    8.?????
    9. Profit.

Comment

I had to cut the bolts for the seat belts and need a platform fabbed up for the seats. I tore out teh bench because when I sat on it, I fell through the cushion and bought seats out of a 90ish F350. I'd like someone to do it so it's not fucked up, such as when I do it.

Comment

Where'd you get the repop carpet? I'm looking to swap my f150 over to vinyl.

Comment

The same board member that wired your 66 lives and breathes 70's Ford trucks. That'd be my suggestion.

Comment

For carpets, I buy from ACC (Auto Custom Carpets). Good stuff.

Putting in seats, carpets, etc is pretty simple. There will be some trimming on the carpet involved, so just make sure you don't get carried away. Sounds like you need some fab work done if you're not putting the model-correct seats in.

When I did the custom seat work in my Explorer (front buckets to replace the rear bench), I designed the platforms myself, bought the metal, and then had Brooks do some cutting and welding for me to get them attached to the existing seat brackets. Turned out great. So, my advice would be to figure out for yourself exactly what you need for it to fit and look the way you want, buy the material and trace out the shape, holes, mounting points, etc, and then have someone with some welding skills finish it up.

Of course, this is all assuming that there is not already some kind of swap kit already made for what you're trying to do. I know squat about older trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              Where'd you get the repop carpet? I'm looking to swap my f150 over to vinyl.
              I don't remember. I found it under "Interior carpet for 70 F250" on a google search

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                The same board member that wired your 66 lives and breathes 70's Ford trucks. That'd be my suggestion.
                Yes but I don't remember who did it and there's no way I could bring this beast that far. I'm too nervous towing it because Dallas makes me jittery without a trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  Yes but I don't remember who did it and there's no way I could bring this beast that far. I'm too nervous towing it because Dallas makes me jittery without a trailer.
                  Fitzwell. Can't help you with the tow though. Good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Fitzwell. Can't help you with the tow though. Good luck man.
                    I just put her on the trailer. She's sat for 2 months and my idiot brother wired the fuel pump to the coil. She wouldn't start so I jumped it right to the battery and she drove up the trailer like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      I had to cut the bolts for the seat belts and need a platform fabbed up for the seats. I tore out teh bench because when I sat on it, I fell through the cushion and bought seats out of a 90ish F350. I'd like someone to do it so it's not fucked up, such as when I do it.
                      seats up to 95 will work with early, (67-up ) seat mounts. Tracks bolt in place. Be a month or so, but i'd wager I've got a set or two sitting around. Yours for the asking.

Comment

Thank you Fitz. I took the tracks off the new seats and they are just sitting on the floor. I have the carpet in the toolbox. This is one of those times living out in the middle of nowhere bites.

Comment

Working...
                        X