Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just happened

BREAKING: Oil Export Ban Passes U.S. House

In a 261 to 159 vote, the U.S. House of Representatives voted early Friday afternoon to repeal the general ban on oil exports imposed in 1975 amid the Arab oil embargo. The bill will now go to the Senate, where its prospects are less certain.

Comment

• Just happened

BREAKING: Oil Export Ban Passes U.S. House

In a 261 to 159 vote, the U.S. House of Representatives voted early Friday afternoon to repeal the general ban on oil exports imposed in 1975 amid the Arab oil embargo. The bill will now go to the Senate, where its prospects are less certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
        Dude... when is that back going to break?
        Its already broken...

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Just happened
        Awesome!!

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Just happened
        Awesome!!!!

Comment

• I see Russia is trying to get oil prices back up bombing Syria. See if that changes anything

Comment

• Here's a fun one...

Monterrey Shale's recoverable oil estimate was just decimated. They looked at the San Joaquin but if the other three parts of the Monterrery are similar then the new estimate is 84 million bbl as opposed to 13.7 billion. Add in another 393 million bbl from conventional operations and you're still at a 96.5% downgrade.

Study: No fracking bonanza for California's Monterey Shale

Boom to bust: Study plays down fracking potential California's Monterey Shale

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A U.S. Geological Survey report out Tuesday downgrades the fracking potential of California’s vast Monterey Shale oil deposits.

The study is the latest to lower a 2011 federal energy estimate that billed the Monterey Shale as a game-changer for U.S. oil, with what was then estimated at 13.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil overall.

Instead, the U.S. Geological Survey’s new study said, the most oil-rich portion of the giant shale formation holds just 21 million barrels of oil that can be recovered by intensive methods, such as hydraulic fracturing, better-known as fracking.

The modest assessment has the potential to influence energy policy in California, where Gov. Jerry Brown has resisted calls from environmentalists to ban fracking.

Tuesday’s report looked only at the San Joaquin Basin, one of four basins that make up the 1,750-square-mile Monterey Shale formation. Upcoming USGS reports will estimate the recoverable petroleum in the other three basins. Another recent U.S. Geological Survey study estimated another 393 million barrels of oil are recoverable by conventional drilling in the San Joaquin basin of the Monterey Shale.

The 2011 estimate touched off speculation of a California oil boom. By 2014, however, federal energy authorities had deflated the Monterey Shale boom, reducing the overall estimate of recoverable oil by 96 percent.

Comment

• well it was bound to happen. i just got laid off. Do not need geologists when you have an overstock - but thankfully i was able to land somewhere else immediately! two jobs pay for a month with the severance, not bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
                well it was bound to happen. i just got laid off. Do not need geologists when you have an overstock - but thankfully i was able to land somewhere else immediately! two jobs pay for a month with the severance, not bad!
                Sorry and congrats?

I have a few offers on the table right now...1 in oil and gas...and the other 2 outside the industry. Im still at my current role but really want stability... i currently work on products specifically for drilling so its been very tough lately.

Comment

• At least you're not a Raptor salesman.

Comment

• The site seems to be creating double posts
                    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      At least you're not a Raptor salesman.
                      Lol...raptor index is still up

Comment

• I think the overspending redneck oilfield hands prefer the F250 diesels.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          I think the overspending redneck oilfield hands prefer the F250 diesels.
                          Bingo...f250 and f350

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            I think the overspending redneck oilfield hands prefer the F250 diesels.
                            Free fuel FTW!
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Raptor seems like a good truck for those shitty roads. Can anyone blame them?

Who was the lib we had around here that was saying it was a big waste of money for the border patrol to get a new fleet of raptors...lol
                              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                Free fuel FTW!
                                I have no idea why my fuel filters keep turning red.

Comment

Working...
                                X