And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Impressive. Such valuable time, money and physical labor is devoted to maintaining our fluid ends. Valve rubbers, bodies, seats, packings, oiler bearings and even monoblocks could all be saved. Right now we have to tear into each pump at a set point of frac'ing hours and inspect (swap valves) parts. Taking "pump work" out if the day would reduce the wear and tear on employees. Plus not having to uncouple iron from the pump/missile means less opportunity for leaks and iron failure. Spend less time being down and way more time getting stages crammed into the shift/day.

But then again, we were told that our new Q10 pumps were the future too. Meanwhile, they are only holding together for about 6 months. Even with a heavy maintenance schedule to inspect and replace worn parts, we are loosing 90k fluid ends due to pressures or manufacturing casting flaws.
    I prefer the HT-2000, but yes to all of that.

Comment

• Weatherford announced yesterday they are cutting another 3000.

The company reached its goal of slashing 11,000 jobs in the third quarter, but a fresh fall in oil prices and slumping international revenues spurred the company to revise the target to 14,000 worldwide, with an increased focus on support positions, Weatherford said.
      t has closed five manufacturing and service facilities, and will close another by the end of 2015. A seventh is slated for closure next year. Weatherford has also shuttered 70 operating facilities through the end of the third quarter and now plans to close 20 more by the end of the yea
      In total, the company has generated $2 billion in savings through cost-cutting measures that started in 2014, CEO Bernard Duroc-Danner said in a statement.

Comment

• Halliburton just cut some more in Duncan, OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
          Halliburton just cut some more in Duncan, OK.
          We keep waiting for it. Came back from rotation yesterday and had a mandatory "safety meeting". In walked HR and the 2 top heads in Alvarado all carrying note pads. My hopes were so high for a layoff. Let down again.

Rumor of 6/3 and being considered a local crew for El Reno with no hotels has us worried. Plus everyone our service leader opens his mouth the only thing he says is "I'm a gonna write you up" or "you won't work here again". The rates of threats mean they want you to quit or be fired before they are forced to lay you off.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Well it's finally hitting our client, Oceaneering. They said they are cutting back 1 dollar per day per man on the food allowance. This means no more candy bars or flavored creamer provided by the vessel.

I knew it creep into the offshore arena eventually.

Comment

We keep waiting for it. Came back from rotation yesterday and had a mandatory "safety meeting". In walked HR and the 2 top heads in Alvarado all carrying note pads. My hopes were so high for a layoff. Let down again.

Rumor of 6/3 and being considered a local crew for El Reno with no hotels has us worried. Plus everyone our service leader opens his mouth the only thing he says is "I'm a gonna write you up" or "you won't work here again". The rates of threats mean they want you to quit or be fired before they are forced to lay you off.
              I thought you were going out on a new gig?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

I thought you were going out on a new gig?
                I am. Just waiting for the government to approve the contract = slow updates. In the meantime I will keep working for Halliburton.

Comment

I am. Just waiting for the government to approve the contract = slow updates. In the meantime I will keep working for Halliburton.
                  Are you going to get back in to oil when you get back? I realize you'll be making much more over there, but those don't last forever. Just trying to figure out your end game here. Figured even with the layoffs oil is probably more stable than contracting overseas.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Are you going to get back in to oil when you get back? I realize you'll be making much more over there, but those don't last forever. Just trying to figure out your end game here. Figured even with the layoffs oil is probably more stable than contracting overseas.
                    Not sure. This new gig is a longterm deal if I want it to be. Hell I worked the last one for nearly 8 years and would still be there if I had my way. Probably going to pay off our house and a few other goals and then go from there. There will always be a shit hole in this world to work in.

Comment

• Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                      Well it's finally hitting our client, Oceaneering. They said they are cutting back 1 dollar per day per man on the food allowance. This means no more candy bars or flavored creamer provided by the vessel.

I knew it creep into the offshore arena eventually.
                      LOL. Not sure if you intended that to be hilarious or not, but it is

Weatherford lays off 3000
                      Rig count down 9 billion percent
                      Baker Hughes lets go of 12,000...

"... we lost our flavored coffee creamer."

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

LOL... yeah making a funny, but when we pull into the dock at Fourchon there are a lot of boats sitting around with no work. Chouest, Oceaneering, Candies, all have good size fleets of workboats but no work.

Ours happens to have a sweet contract with Shell and is booked up solid for a while, but in general the company is feeling it a little if they are finding ways to save a bit of money...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

I laughed. As I am laid up licking my old man wounds from the last 15 day hitch with ice packs and motrin. We did buy some pumpkin spice creamer so we could all even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                            Anything but a Grizzly!!!
                            You bite your tongue!!

Comment

• Rig count stayed flat this week.

-1 oil, +1 gas

Comment

• Way to go, Gas!!
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X