And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denny
    Why not? Have you seen those Tesla panels?

I think that 50 year estimate might need some reworking. That, or you need to research better pricing.
    I'm at 3c a kilowatt currently. I need 20-24 220w panels, wholesale is about 260-280 a panel. i did all the calculations on excel, the 10-15yr payoff people keep referring to is the 13.2c a kilowatt in california.

Comment

• Anyone in Midland want to grab a beer this evening?

Only 1% Of The Bakken Play Breaks Even At Current Oil Prices

Only 1% of the Bakken Play area is commercial at current oil prices based on my analysis that follows.

Only 4% of horizontal wells drilled since 2000 meet the EUR (estimated ultimate recovery) threshold needed to break even at current oil prices, drilling and completion, and operating costs. The leading producing companies evaluated in this study are losing $11 to $38 on each barrel of oil that they produce, the very definition of waste. Although NYMEX prices are about $46 per barrel, realized wellhead prices in the Bakken are only $30 per barrel according to the North Dakota Department of Mineral Resources. At that price, approximately 125,000 acres of the drilled play area of 10,500,000 acres is commercial (green areas in Figure 1).

Figure 1. Bakken Shale Play commercial area map at $30 per barrel wellhead price. Contours are in barrels of oil estimated ultimate recovery. Contour interval = 200,000 barrels of oil. Source: Drilling Info, North Dakota Department of Natural Resources & Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc.

The break-even per-well EUR is 700,000 barrels at a $30 oil price. The underlying economic assumptions are shown in Table 1.

Table 1. Economic assumptions and outcomes used to determine the Bakken $30 per barrel commercial area shown in Figure 1. Source: Company presentations and Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc. There has been much debate about the break-even price for tight oil plays in the U.S. This discussion is largely meaningless because there is no single break-even price for any play.
      Last edited by Strychnine; 11-04-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Fucking gas prices were up from what I saw this morning.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          Fucking gas prices were up from what I saw this morning.
          Something winter blend something something...

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
            I heard that about 6 months ago with the summer blend. Damn you oil and gas guys!!!
            Christmas blend FTMFW!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              Christmas blend FTMFW!

David
              it's more expensive than the pumpkin spice blend.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Does this mean gas will be even cheaper on monday?
                Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                No, not entirely. WTI is up.
                Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Fucking gas prices were up from what I saw this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Anyone in Midland want to grab a beer this evening?
                  Unfortunately I can't tonight, but the Beer Garden on Highway 80(Business 20) is the place to go for good beer.

Comment

• I'll give you more heads up next time. This was a last minute trip.
                    Last edited by Strychnine; 11-04-2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Anyone in Midland want to grab a beer this evening?
                      Damn, I was close to the area yesterday. Chilling in San Antonio now, heading to Eagle Pass in the morning.

Comment

• US land rig count -4 this week

Oil -6
                        Gas +2

And now to our field reporter for an update on the price at the pump... how's it lookin' out there, Magnus?

Comment

• Lol
                          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• The new winter pumpkin spice blend has officially arrived causing a significant jump in price and increased lines filled with blondes in 3 series BMWs at the pump.

Comment

US land rig count -4 this week

Oil -6
                              Gas +2

And now to our field reporter for an update on the price at the pump... how's it lookin' out there, Magnus?
                              Lmao...solid

Comment

US land rig count -4 this week

Oil -6
                                Gas +2

trending up in oklahoma. up 20 cents a gallon in last week and a half. not rioting yet but time will tell...

Comment

Working...
                                X