No announcement yet.

And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seemed to be, although I didn't pay undue attention to anything more than taking a piss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
      My money is on at least a decade.
      Oil trades on sentiment. It won't be that long. Position yourself to rake in the money when it turns.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Rig count is out today this week b/c of the holiday.

5 day week and it's -13

Oil -9
        Gas -4

Comment

• But we are still frac'ing. At least we get holiday pay and holiday worked pay for tomorrow and Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

1.49 a gal at the QT in Terrell.
            Life won't be right until it's under $1.

Comment

1.49 a gal at the QT in Terrell.
              Holy crap

Comment

• Buc-ee's in Terrell $1.44 right now

Comment

• We have a friend who is an analyst for the Hunts and they seem to think that the price of oil needs to go under $30 in order for the industry to shake out. You have a lot of companies that are running at break even or a small loss. If it weren't for low interest rates they would already be dead.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    We have a friend who is an analyst for the Hunts and they seem to think that the price of oil needs to go under $30 in order for the industry to shake out. You have a lot of companies that are running at break even or a small loss. If it weren't for low interest rates they would already be dead.
                    There is a lot of the engineering side that is about to go under...

At my company I'm on the only project that is projected to go past middle of next year.

We are laying off 400 people a month(world wide).
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      We have a friend who is an analyst for the Hunts and they seem to think that the price of oil needs to go under $30 in order for the industry to shake out. You have a lot of companies that are running at break even or a small loss. If it weren't for low interest rates they would already be dead.
                      Same can be said for the real estate market unfrtunately. When imterest rates creep back up...were going to have a lot of unemployed people and i wouldn't be surprised to see the crime rate spike.

I think 45-50 is still profitable in a few parts of texas...these other guys are operating off of inventory they had built up in the good times so they are renting tools stupid cheap to keep the lights on (making it seem like 45 is profitable in more places than it is). When they run out of inventory and actually have to pay to repair stuff...we will see more collapses. The break even price right now is unsustainably low for many operators. 2016 will be a big acquisition year, collapse year and overall rough for the small guys.

Last week i got a call from a machine shop i used a fair amount that said they were closing up shop...were gonna let me know about the liquidation sale in a few days.

Comment

• A buddy of mine from my old crew said that Halliburton is hiring experienced hands again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                          A buddy of mine from my old crew said that Halliburton is hiring experienced hands again.
                          They need green hats. Otherwise folks that have been on dirt for a year with no where to move up are going to quit.

Comment

• The guys that started with me and stayed on dirt didn't want to move anywhere.
                            I immediately went to chemicals, learned the dry gel, tried to learn the blender, and wound up on the line, which was where I wanted to be.
                            Some guys just wanna stay on dirt. Fuck that noise.

Comment

We had a couple of guys that were satisfied staying on dirt/salt. Didn't want to even do shit with pump maintenance. Just watch the belt... watch the belt... watch the belt.

Needless to say, they don't stick around because no one wanted shitheads that wouldn't carry their weight.
                              Dirt, pumps, etc and front yard when they let me. We have a ton of pump maintenance on these jobs. It's alright and next rotation I'm either going to HOH or in the front yard mostly. I understand being stuck at the bottom and stuck on dirt. With no one new coming in, someone has to do the shit jobs. As I type I am trying to take a break in a tractor from shoveling sand since someone dicked up a lever on the mover and when it got kicked on over 200 plus sacks got loaded onto the end of the tbelt aka on the ground. Wet and feeling like a powdered fucking donut right now. But I have pumpkin pie a cool wHip to make me happy. /rant

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH
                                We are looking for 20-30 out of Alvarado.
                                New hires no experience or former Halliburton hands?

Comment

Working...
                                X