No announcement yet.

And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I understood half the shop-talk you guys are throwing around. "dirt", "chemicals", "dry gel" "watch the belt" "working the line"

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
      I wish I understood half the shop-talk you guys are throwing around. "dirt", "chemicals", "dry gel" "watch the belt" "working the line"
      Dirt = proppant sand.

Chemicals = a broad spectrum of different chemicals used for a myriad of different treatments.

Dry gel = a large piece of equipment that mixes dried gel with water to hydrate it and turn it back into gel. This gel is used when pressure gets too high. It's basically a better lube to transfer the proppant downhole.

Watching the belt = the proppant sand is poured onto a long belt ( t belt) and is sent to a hopper on the back of the blender. This is a much larger piece of equipment that blends all chemicals, proppant, and water to be sent to the pump trucks before going downhole.

Working the line = the mass of iron pipe that connects the spread to the well head. This is the area where 20' joints of pipe can become flying debris real fast if shit goes to hell.

Comment

• Paid $1.69 for diesel couple hours ago.

Comment

• We have been seeing more people switch from mechanical and hydraulic driven pumps to electric. One company said they have a full electrical fleet in service right for testing. The technology that a lot of these companies are prototyping right now is pretty amazing. The only people I do not get is the snubbing crowd, keeping their guys on the deck of the units. One of our customers said they would save over $1 million a year in insurance cost alone if no one was on the deck.

We are retrofitting a lot of equipment now to make them "smart" and taking the user interface out of them. I may be a little nervous if I was a normal hand without specialization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
            I wish I understood half the shop-talk you guys are throwing around. "dirt", "chemicals", "dry gel" "watch the belt" "working the line"
            You dont need to know any of those terms...all you need to know is where to find the keys to the v door and youre good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
              Paid $1.69 for diesel couple hours ago.
              where?

Comment

• Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                We have been seeing more people switch from mechanical and hydraulic driven pumps to electric. One company said they have a full electrical fleet in service right for testing. The technology that a lot of these companies are prototyping right now is pretty amazing. The only people I do not get is the snubbing crowd, keeping their guys on the deck of the units. One of our customers said they would save over $1 million a year in insurance cost alone if no one was on the deck.

We are retrofitting a lot of equipment now to make them "smart" and taking the user interface out of them. I may be a little nervous if I was a normal hand without specialization.
                Yep. That's exactly why I was trying to learn everything I could. I intended on retiring from Halliburton.

Halliburton has already run an entire job, via satellite, from an office in Houston.
                They would still require 4 guys to be on location for an emergency situation, but they mainly just sit in a trailer, watch the graph, and relax.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                  Yep. That's exactly why I was trying to learn everything I could. I intended on retiring from Halliburton.

Halliburton has already run an entire job, via satellite, from an office in Houston.
                  They would still require 4 guys to be on location for an emergency situation, but they mainly just sit in a trailer, watch the graph, and relax.
                  Low rate, low pressure, probably all brand new iron, missle, and pumps, all dirt coming from castles, etc.

Try that with real life field and ypu still need people. Those 4 would have their work cut out for them still. Routine pump maintenance, walking pumps, finding packings leaking or blown, shutting in pumps, rigging pumps off and on the missle, not even getting into all the crap with dirt and tbelts that go to shit.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    Low rate, low pressure, probably all brand new iron, missle, and pumps, all dirt coming from castles, etc.

Try that with real life field and ypu still need people. Those 4 would have their work cut out for them still. Routine pump maintenance, walking pumps, finding packings leaking or blown, shutting in pumps, rigging pumps off and on the missle, not even getting into all the crap with dirt and tbelts that go to shit.
                    Yeah, it was low rate and pressure. The mountain movers are actually designed to be run in conjunction with the eye or from the TCC via ethernet.

Having a large spread means your pumps are all carrying a small load and can go 40 stages without wrecking valves and seats.
                    Shutting in the trucks was done with hydraulic valves. No hands needed in the red zone.
                    Cameras everywhere covered walking the spread.

The real setback is the delay in satellite communications. A pressure spike could go wrong really fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                      where?
                      7-11 rayzor ranch. It's up to $1.89 now.

Comment

• I paid $1.67 on Tuesday.

Comment

We have been seeing more people switch from mechanical and hydraulic driven pumps to electric. One company said they have a full electrical fleet in service right for testing. The technology that a lot of these companies are prototyping right now is pretty amazing. The only people I do not get is the snubbing crowd, keeping their guys on the deck of the units. One of our customers said they would save over $1 million a year in insurance cost alone if no one was on the deck.

Remember Green Field Energy Services? They tried to reinvent the wheel and it backfired massively.

They thought natgas (and even wellhead gas) turbine powered frac trailers were going to be the future. They even had a plan to hire returning vets (helicopter mechs since the turbines they were using came from Chinooks) to service the equipment and they were supposed to cut the pump footprint per horsepower in half.

When they filed Chapter 11 (Oct 2013, when WTI was still $100+) and subsequently sold everything (3500 pieces of equipment at nearly $250MM) it was called the ‘largest disposition the industry has seen' Their market entry timing was late too, but you get the point.

Last edited by Strychnine; 11-27-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• The company I am talking about is in the top 5 running the electric fleet.

Running everything remotely is nothing new, I had the pleasure working with some Canadian engineers on their first smart frac fleet and they could not turn any of the engines off or on. We let them sweat it out for an hour before we told them the ECUs were not connected. Running everything from tablets is the hot thing.

Comment

The company I am talking about is in the top 5 running the electric fleet.

Running everything remotely is nothing new, I had the pleasure working with some Canadian engineers on their first smart frac fleet and they could not turn any of the engines off or on. We let them sweat it out for an hour before we told them the ECUs were not connected. Running everything from tablets is the hot thing.
                              You guys should have been fired for that.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• cheap unleaded from here to Detroit avg 1.75

Diesel was 2.35 ish

Made for a nice road trip to go get another car

Comment

Working...
                                X