And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post

Not even half of the Halliburton equipment that is being stacked at the Duncan yard.
    Jesus. I'm so glad I was able to jump ship. That has to be at least 18 frac crews in that picture at least.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      Jesus. I'm so glad I was able to jump ship. That has to be at least 18 frac crews in that picture at least.
      That's what i was thinking. I roughly estimated 300 frac pumps up toward the top, so my guess was 15 crews or so. So much money.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        Yep. Same here.
        The crew I was on has been stuck on 40 hour work weeks for 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          That's what i was thinking. I roughly estimated 300 frac pumps up toward the top, so my guess was 15 crews or so. So much money.
          Drove by Schlumberger's yard last week and it's un-manageably full.

David

Comment

Not even half of the Halliburton equipment that is being stacked at the Duncan yard.
            Half? That's not even 1/4 of it. I'm in and of of Duncan a lot and watched that place fill up.

Comment

• The total North American frac fleet is probably <50% utilized right now.
              No one really know how much iron has already been retired, or won't ever leave the yard again, but when the downturn started HAL had ~2.5 million frac horsepower.

So you can very very roughly guess that they have 1.25 million hp stacked.
              A good metric for a complete frac spread is around $1M per 1,000 hp (new build before the crash in late 2014).

That's ~$1.25B (in new equipment dollars) laying around, just at HAL.

Granted stuff isn't going for shit at auction these days, so real value is a lot less. Earlier this year Trican sold their stuff for 38% of new build cost, and a couple months ago I watched a friend buy two full spreads for 10% of new build cost. (two complete frac spreads for $11M total). I'll be at an auction in the morning and I know there are are least four 2015 Dragon built trailers going through. I'll let you know what they sell for.

Either way, as Zachary mentioned the key to coming out on top when it turns around will be maintenance procedures during the downturn It won't all come back at once so you'd better be first in line ready to work.
              Last edited by Strychnine; 05-10-2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                Half? That's not even 1/4 of it. I'm in and of of Duncan a lot and watched that place fill up.
                Admittedly, that's a picture I stole from Facebook.
                After talking to folks from crew, I realized how much more equipment is there.

In a weird, tinfoil hat type of thought, I've been wondering if insurance will pay more, after a series of tornadoes destroys the equipment, than an auction will...

Comment

In a weird, tinfoil hat type of thought, I've been wondering if insurance will pay more, after a series of tornadoes destroys the equipment, than an auction will...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Lmmfao!

Comment

Admittedly, that's a picture I stole from Facebook.
                      After talking to folks from crew, I realized how much more equipment is there.

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        There was a string of fires on Halliburton frac spreads with zero casualties semi-recently...

Comment

There was a string of fires on Halliburton frac spreads with zero casualties semi-recently...
                          That looks like Fractech

Comment

• Yup that was Fractech but it looks like a Halliburton chemical truck was there.

Comment

• We have been working on a few R&D projects with customers, nothing big just small process modifications. All of the big projects we were working on got put on hold.

Our company let go about 40% of our employees but is slowly starting to hire again. With it being an election year you know most people will be sitting on their hands until November.

Comment

• Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                                Yup that was Fractech but it looks like a Halliburton chemical truck was there.
                                But shortly after that pic. there was an El Reno crew that burned one down too. I believe it was their "gold" crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X