And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
    Well the old flip phones were a problem. Today's sealed units aren't near as bad but a phone call to your cell is a form of electricity. In hot dry conditions it does not take much. And a huge fuel spill will allow your car to run with no ignition if there is a bunch of vapors. It will runaway until the vapors are gone or it blows up or you stick a rag in the intake.
    This is my new all-time favorite post.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

And a huge fuel spill will allow your car to run with no ignition if there is a bunch of vapors. It will runaway until the vapors are gone or it blows up or you stick a rag in the intake.
      say what

Comment

Well the old flip phones were a problem. Today's sealed units aren't near as bad but a phone call to your cell is a form of electricity. In hot dry conditions it does not take much. And a huge fuel spill will allow your car to run with no ignition if there is a bunch of vapors. It will runaway until the vapors are gone or it blows up or you stick a rag in the intake.
        You do realize this is 2014 and cars are fuel injected, right?

Comment

• Did some trolljack this thread?

Comment

Saw it on mythbusters not true

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              You do realize this is 2014 and cars are fuel injected, right?
              Ok so start your car get 3 or 4 cans of start spray. Engine running hit the intake with ether. Keep spraying it in there now go turn the ignition off while you continue to spray fuel into the intake. What will happen. What happens when a turbo seal goes out on a diesel? That motor will burn every last drop of oil it doesn't care about ignition

Comment

• Gee I wasn't aware you could fill your car with Ether at the local gas station now! Holy shit!

Comment

Gee I wasn't aware you could fill your car with Ether at the local gas station now! Holy shit!
                  Me ether.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• For those of you that don't go into the Sports Forum, QIK46 is the same guy making absurd picks. So take what he says with a grain of salt...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Gee I wasn't aware you could fill your car with Ether at the local gas station now! Holy shit!
                      Hypothetical scenario! A diesel can runaway on vapor so the question is can a gas engine do the same with no ignition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        For those of you that don't go into the Sports Forum, QIK46 is the same guy making absurd picks. So take what he says with a grain of salt...
                        Ohio state for the win! Titans Jags under 40! Absurd I tell ya

Comment

Hypothetical scenario! A diesel can runaway on vapor so the question is can a gas engine do the same with no ignition?
                          The car would die if it is a pcm controlled ignition/plugs.
                          sigpic

Comment

Diesels use compression combustion, gas engines use a spark. i don't believe a gas enigne would run away easily without ignition, but i could be wrong.

Comment

Hold up , YOU have a Haz-Mat CDL ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                For those of you that don't go into the Sports Forum, QIK46 is the same guy making absurd picks. So take what he says with a grain of salt...
                                Disclaimer! I may not know what I'm talkin about but I know sports better than Henry!

Comment

Working...
                                X