Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Is today REPOST Thursday?
    Awww poor guy got his feathers all ruffled. Spend some time trying to unstupid yourself man...life will improve for you...I promise.

Comment

• ^^^

Ooooo, sic bUrn...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

^^^

Ooooo, sic bUrn...
        ^^ missed it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Awww poor guy got his feathers all ruffled. Spend some time trying to unstupid yourself man...life will improve for you...I promise.
          I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            ^^ missed it lol
            I was disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I was disappointed.
              I didn't miss it big daddy, I'm the originator of REPOST Thursday...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I didn't miss it big daddy, I'm the originator of REPOST Thursday...
                Is today REPOST Thursday?

Comment

• Well... I guess Im near sighted in all this. The O/G industry doesnt effect me directly. The economy is better than it was but short of where it should be. I spent $40 filling up my F250 with diesel today and wanted to jump up and down. For me, this is good.

Honestly though, no one saw this coming? The market was artificially inflated with oil skyrocketing (ie fucking us in the ass) with $140/bbl of oil just a few years ago. This is all cyclical and will balance out eventually. Id rather see a nice and consistent market rather than this ups and downs shit though.

Comment

• Posted in the jobs thread since the question was asked there, but i'll put it here to compile info:

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                    Schlumberger laying off big #s here
                    Any idea how many?
                    "In response to lower commodity pricing and anticipated lower exploration and production spending in 2015, Schlumberger decided to reduce its overall headcount to better align with anticipated activity levels for 2015. Schlumberger recorded a $296 million charge associated with a headcount reduction of approximately 9,000."

“In this uncertain environment, we continue to focus on what we can control. We have already taken a number of actions to restructure and resize our organization that has led us to record a number of charges in the fourth quarter. We are convinced that performance must now be driven by an accelerated change in the way we work through our transformation program."

That's about 7% of their workforce, and the biggest cut so far in the industry.

SLB is hosting a call at 7am central to discuss that statement above.
                    To listen in call (800) 230-1085 and ask for the "Schlumberger Earnings Conference Call."

Comment

• Was working at a frac pump manufacturer this week. They laid off 20% of their work force with more coming next week. Ouch
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• The pain begins. If it goes below $40, things are going to get real interesting.

I like how the spread between WTI and Brent has collapsed.

I want to see the Baker Hughes rig count tomorrow
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• My guess is -75.

Comment

• This mess is Malthusian.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              Well... I guess Im near sighted in all this. The O/G industry doesnt effect me directly. The economy is better than it was but short of where it should be. I spent $40 filling up my F250 with diesel today and wanted to jump up and down. For me, this is good.

Honestly though, no one saw this coming? The market was artificially inflated with oil skyrocketing (ie fucking us in the ass) with $140/bbl of oil just a few years ago. This is all cyclical and will balance out eventually. Id rather see a nice and consistent market rather than this ups and downs shit though.
                              Price of oil exhibits heightened volatility largely because supply and demand are influenced by the same factors. Picture a p and q supply and demand model where the supply and demand curves are moving simultaneously. The p becomes extremely volatile.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                                This mess is Malthusian.
                                God bless you.

Comment

Working...
                                X