And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Are you insinuating there was wasteful spending in the O&G industry?
    Are you insinuating that someone who was paying $3.55/gal of gas and is now paying $1.70 and scrambling to buy a new gas hog truck with all their savings isn't being wasteful?

20 gallons of gas per week (hypothetical use)
    $3.55 - $1.70 = $1.85 savings per gallon
    $1.85 * 20 = $37 saved per week
    $37 * 4 = $148 = more than enough to make a payment on a new F250 4WD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      Are you insinuating that someone who was paying $3.55/gal of gas and is now paying $1.70 and scrambling to buy a new gas hog truck with all their savings isn't being wasteful?

No, I dont think he was saying that in any way, shape or form.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I think you completely misunderstood.

Comment

• He did.
          sigpic

Comment

U.S. auto manufacturers have learned from the last crash and have become more nimble, an industry expert says — so when oil prices rise again, they quickly will return to building more hybrids.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              He did.
              I didn't, trust me. I just see the irony in how people think they should buy a new car because gas is cheap or gas is high. There's wasteful spending by people no matter what happens in the economy. To your point though, it is almost comical for O&G guys to bitch about layoffs, things going in the crapper, etc. when they became DFWM ballers on super inflated prices while others suffered.

Comment

• Those same people justify a new car when gas goes back up...

But saying there's wasteful spending is like saying the sky is blue while throwing rocks in a glass house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Those same people justify a new car when gas goes back up...

But saying there's wasteful spending is like saying the sky is blue while throwing rocks in a glass house.
                  Hey, the house thread is the one SEB started. Leave that shit over there!

Comment

I didn't, trust me. I just see the irony in how people think they should buy a new car because gas is cheap or gas is high. There's wasteful spending by people no matter what happens in the economy. To your point though, it is almost comical for O&G guys to bitch about layoffs, things going in the crapper, etc. when they became DFWM ballers on super inflated prices while others suffered.
                    Who was talking about people buying new vehicles because of the price of gas? I was talking about how how O&G was throwing out money like a rapper in a strip club, thinking it was endless.
                    sigpic

Comment

• just bought another 45 mpg jetta, just trying to do my part in supporting diesel.

Comment

I still think you misunderstood what he was saying.

Comment

• Just make sure when you buy that new house that no one's getting away with parking their gas-guzzling, O & G financed rig in front of your mail box

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Just make sure when you buy that new house that no one's getting away with parking their gas-guzzling, O & G financed rig in front of your mail box
                            LMAO This should be saved for next week's repost Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                              just bought another 45 mpg jetta, just trying to do my part in supporting diesel.
                              Me too. Just picked up a 2015 F250 Platinum
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• well that was fun but its time to pump it back up! the teknicals do not lie

Comment

Working...
                                X