No announcement yet.

And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do prices not bottom out when supplies are at all time highs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      How do prices not bottom out when supplies are at all time highs?
      Speculation

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Speculation
        explain with regards to the current market price of oil? not being smart ass but would really like to hear a defensible position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          Citigroup is forecasting oil prices to fall toward $20 a barrel before recovering.
          Fun!

T. Boone is predicting that we'll be back to $80-90/bbl sometime in the first half of 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by broke again View Post
            explain with regards to the current market price of oil? not being smart ass but would really like to hear a defensible position.
            The Saudi-driven OPEC still has not given the indication that they are letting off the throttle. No telling how much oil ISIS is selling and at what price. Who knows what exactly it is for sure, but it is keeping people skeptical.

For sure, there's not a magic S/D formula.

Comment

Pretty much anything that happens in an OPEC country will cause people to speculate that there may be an increase or decrease in supply/production.

That's exactly why the U.S. needs to get itself off of foreign oil sources so that the prices we pay aren't at the mercy of wild speculation that we've seen in the past.
              2011 Mustang GT - California Special - Black/Black - M6 - 3.73's

Mods: Roush CAI, GT500 Cat-Back Exhaust, Spohn Performance Lower Control Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Speculation
                I get that, but how long can speculators speculate driving the price up?

Oil/retail gas are greatly overvalued at their current levels.

Comment

• Putting on a Dec'15 55 strike straddle.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

You do know our military is helping Iraq prep to take back Mosul, right? That's going to be huge.

Comment

they cant. that is not a sustainable argument in the current climate.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Putting on a Dec'15 55 strike straddle.
                        You'll definitely get volatility from now until then.

Comment

they cant. that is not a sustainable argument in the current climate.
                          neither is the fed printing trillions of dollars, but they keep on, keeping on.
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                            neither is the fed printing trillions of dollars, but they keep on, keeping on.
                            No, they don't.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• US rig count -43 this week.

1267 total now.

Comment

• Random fact of the day regarding the large generation gap in O&G:

"50 percent of today's 10 million oil and gas workers are eligible to retire in 2015."

- Daniel Heintzelman, GE Oil & Gas CEO
                                Last edited by Strychnine; 03-03-2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X