And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    I really wish I had the cash to buy equipment over the next 6 months. Once oil rebounds, you'll have a host of new companies jumping back into the fray.
    What kind of cash would you need to do such a thing?
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• There was a post about that being a myth, and I mentioned that I've never heard anyone say rig count doesn't matter so I'm not sure where that myth was from. Then someone mentioned pad drilling, and how rig count is less indicative of total wells. But the think we all agree rig count is still very relevant. I've never heard anyone say it's not relevant...just that one rig can drill several wells relatively fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post

Not sure what a used rig goes for these days, but a new AC VFD drill rig like a Nabors pace-x rig or an ICD would run you probably $22-25 million new.

The thing is this will force a lot of older "on the fence" equipment (older mechanical
        rigs) out of service for good. You might buy old stuff now but when the market slowly comes back is expect some of the older stacked stuff to never work again.

Comment

Depends how deep the shit puddle is that the company is standing over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Not sure what a used rig goes for these days, but a new AC VFD drill rig like a Nabors pace-x rig or an ICD would run you probably $22-25 million new.

The thing is this will force a lot of older "on the fence" equipment (older mechanical
            rigs) out of service for good. You might buy old stuff now but when the market slowly comes back is expect some of the older stacked stuff to never work again.
            Not thinking of buying an entire rig, maybe just the high priced pieces.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Depends how deep the shit puddle is that the company is standing over.
            Right. Just wait till 10 ish frakers have gone under and can't unload anything then low ball the shit out of them. Ride it out for the next 5 or 10 guys till the price stabilizes. Sit on it for 6 months.

Then profit?
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Then someone mentioned pad drilling, and how rig count is less indicative of total wells. But the think we all agree rig count is still very relevant. I've never heard anyone say it's not relevant...just that one rig can drill several wells relatively fast.
              That was me. And yes it is still relevant, but less telling than it once was for sure. BTW, does anyone know if those Baker Hughes Reports count Air Rigs? I know they don't count workovers/coil units. You can drill all day to HBP.

Comment

• Anyone going to OTC this week?

Comment

• I may or may not be at OTC...I'm not wanting too but may show a few people around and talk to them about some of the stuff unrelated to drilling. I'd also like to catch up with a few friends...but man OTC is just too big and a huge hassle. Plus I truly hate houston.

Comment

Not thinking of buying an entire rig, maybe just the high priced pieces.

Right. Just wait till 10 ish frakers have gone under and can't unload anything then low ball the shit out of them. Ride it out for the next 5 or 10 guys till the price stabilizes. Sit on it for 6 months.

Then profit?
                    Drilling rigs and fracing "rigs" are quite different...a frac rig would be wayyy cheaper.

But I don't believe you'll ever make money buying old equipment to resell. There's way too much equipment and vendor inventory to ever make it a profitable venture. Buying a frac service company may make a lot on the upswing however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Buying a frac service company may make a lot on the upswing however.
                      Yes. I've seen invoices. Owning a Frac. Company is like printing money. Lots and lots of risk and liability involved however, so there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        Yes. I've seen invoices. Owning a Frac. Company is like printing money. Lots and lots of risk and liability involved however, so there's that.
                        Yeah its not something you just buy into.

I also think there's a lot of possible money is disposal services and wells. But again you gotta know your shit

Comment

• The 8 to 5 part of OTC summed up in four pictures

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• So when are we expecting gas prices to skyrocket back up, to where certain people want them to be? I'm guessing end of this year, early next year. I still say they won't easily let it go.
                              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                The 8 to 5 part of OTC summed up in four pictures

I don't miss it a bit. Can't be anything but more depressing than last year, and even then the parties were somewhat limited.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                So when are we expecting gas prices to skyrocket back up, to where certain people want them to be? I'm guessing end of this year, early next year. I still say they won't easily let it go.
                                It's gonna take something major for them to hit what most want this year (I would guess closer to triple digits...lowest I can see most people wanting is about $85-90). By major I mean war or other huge disruption to supply

Comment

Working...
                                X