• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    H&P?
    Yes.

Comment

• Well, after 8+ years in this industry I got laid off yesterday. Been in the office for 7 years and have avoided other slow down periods. Our office is being merged with another district and they closed our facility this week. Bummer. I hope to find something else soon, I get stir crazy sitting at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
        Well, after 8+ years in this industry I got laid off yesterday. Been in the office for 7 years and have avoided other slow down periods. Our office is being merged with another district and they closed our facility this week. Bummer. I hope to find something else soon, I get stir crazy sitting at home.
        Sorry to hear that man, best of luck to you.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Well, after 8+ years in this industry I got laid off yesterday. Been in the office for 7 years and have avoided other slow down periods. Our office is being merged with another district and they closed our facility this week. Bummer. I hope to find something else soon, I get stir crazy sitting at home.
          Good luck in finding something better. Hopefully, they gave you a decent parting gift.

Comment

And fuel appears to be going back towards $3/gal. We're all getting fucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              And fuel appears to be going back towards $3/gal. We're all getting fucked.
              Oil was trading too low for too long. The industry will be rough for a while, even when it goes back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Oil was trading too low for too long. The industry will be rough for a while, even when it goes back up.
                As a consumer, the concept of "too low" doesn't exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  As a consumer, the concept of "too low" doesn't exist.
                  Too low to sustain operations as it was at that time.

Comment

• I was laid off from the rig I was working on back in March. Now I'm in wind energy making turbine blades. Pay isn't as good, but its one hell of a lot more stable industry from what I can tell. We are backed ordered on blades all the way into 2017 as of right now.
                    87 turbo coupe- t3/t4 super 60, tubular header, 40lb injectors, fmic.
                    71 Ranchero-351c, daily driver

Comment

• Originally posted by 87t-coupe View Post
                      I was laid off from the rig I was working on back in March. Now I'm in wind energy making turbine blades. Pay isn't as good, but its one hell of a lot more stable industry from what I can tell. We are backed ordered on blades all the way into 2017 as of right now.
                      That's awesome! I wanna be the dumbshit that gets to work on top of those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        That's awesome! I wanna be the dumbshit that gets to work on top of those things.
                        No way! But the money is insane for the service workers that do. I play with fiberglass all do, you can't beat that.
                        87 turbo coupe- t3/t4 super 60, tubular header, 40lb injectors, fmic.
                        71 Ranchero-351c, daily driver

Comment

• US rig count this week is -8

Total rigs operating: 888

Comment

• Slowing

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                              Hell yeah I'd do that, show me where to sign

Comment

• I will have two rigs going up for oil in the next two months!

Just trying to help fellas...doing my part!

Comment

Working...
                                X