No announcement yet.

And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum air batteries are also a big thing right now.

But before you start to get excited about anything battery wise, learn the difference betweem primary chemistry and rechargeable. Most of the realy high density shit is primary. Hell even lithium thionyl chloride batteries have much greater capacity than li-ion But its one and done

Comment

• Hello from the Gulf! I'm on the Ocean Alliance and we are roaming around near the Perdido. It's an Oceaneering owned Shell operated boat with a Huisman 150 metric ton crane on it. We are lowering all the Subsea jumpers and computer control systems to town to about 9000 feet for the ROV guys to hook it all up down there. Ok carry on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Trust me...a lot of people know a lot better. If they already knew the money would already be there.
        Dude there are tons of engineering prospects on the table, that nobody has taken up yet. Just because no one has yet, doesn't mean they aren't viable.
        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Dude there are tons of engineering prospects on the table, that nobody has taken up yet. Just because no one has yet, doesn't mean they aren't viable.
          lol...maybe you can teach me something then...continue.

Why would the one battery that is "known" be sitting idle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Even then, attention and interest have shifted. I remember my uncle carrying what looked like a purse, but it was really just a shitty mobile phone that never seemed to work.
            now we have shitty mobile phones that never seem to work that fit right in our pockets!
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              now we have shitty mobile phones that never seem to work that fit right in our pockets!
              Right!

Seriously, though, I can conduct all of my consulting business over this phone. It's my total office anymore.

Comment

lol...maybe you can teach me something then...continue.

Why would the one battery that is "known" be sitting idle?
                I did say the battery needs development. All you have to do is google it and there is even a youtube video about batteries that mentions it. They talk about how it needs some time in the R and D lab. I don't know everything about it, I just watched that vid once when I was trying to figure out a cheaper way to go solar.

Even looked into building my own panels. Which can be done easily and cheaply, but it comes down to the casing of the panels, oddly enough. If the case isn't badass, you're panel is ruined and you've wasted your time and money. Thus far, its cheaper to just buy a ready made panel than to come up with a quality case for homemade panels. Only thing I could come up with to bypass it, would be to have the homemade panels somehow indoors. Perhaps in the house, in a sun room. Or in an elongated shed, with a glass roof.
                WH

Comment

• So are they developing it or has no one put up the cash to develop it? Youre talking out of both sides of your mouth here.

Look i understand that the few years you spent wanting to be an engineer have probably gained you a lot of experience in fuckall...but you dont know what youre talking about.

Im actually smart and dedicated enough to follow through with engineering and I work with batteries a lot. Ive seen technological development, been part of it and have several patents for proof. I know this shit way better than you...stop trying to play like you know things and learn from those of us that actually do. This is why you havent gotten anywhere.

Comment

• You ninja editing mafukah

Comment

So are they developing it or has no one put up the cash to develop it? Youre talking out of both sides of your mouth here.

Look i understand that the few years you spent wanting to be an engineer have probably gained you a lot of experience in fuckall...but you dont know what youre talking about.

Im actually smart and dedicated enough to follow through with engineering and I work with batteries a lot. Ive seen technological development, been part of it and have several patents for proof. I know this shit way better than you...stop trying to play like you know things and learn from those of us that actually do. This is why you havent gotten anywhere.
                      Oh rly? Where did you graduate? What year? Are you actually an R&D engineer? What is your degree in? Please do tell.

Well, the word "development" generally confers the idea that it isn't fully "known". Not real sure what is so hard to understand about this concept...

How do you think new technologies appear? As if by magic? I never made any claims as to knowing all about this stuff. I couldn't begin to postulate where you got that idea. Please learn some basic reading comprehension before you come in here acting all Mr. Knowitall. Now I'm sure you'll go off on how I've said I have some kind of phd or some nonsense, when I have said numerous times that I don't even have the associates degree yet. But I wouldn't expect you to know that because from your posts it looks as if you don't even read half a post before you go off on some blithering tangent.
                      WH

Comment

• lawnmower engines

Comment

• Comment

• developmet

After watching some youtube vids and posting a vid in the other forum, it got me thinking about this again. A few times over the years I have wondered this. Could you build a walking, man shaped robot out of hydraulics? I was thinking of something like a cross between the terminator, and that loading dock thing from the movie "Aliens" that Sigourney Weaver used to fight the queen. It wouldn't have to have a head and glowing read eyes, obviously. I am thinking of something that could conceivably have a practical application. It could run a voice recognition program, just like any help center's cheapo way to... be cheap. If they can make one say "If you want to pay your bill, please say: 'Pay my bill'" and have that work, then a robot can take voice commands.

And I have run into some pretty sophisticated voice command programs for those darn call centers. So you could slap that on there, to handle the voice commands. And since it is made out of hydraulics, its pretty strong and can lift pallets full of goods and set it somewhere for you. I think it could be made to walk with man-like legs without too much difficulty. We've all seen the videos where they make some robot-thing walk around. Thats not the hard part.

And, it could just simply be programmed for voice commands to set it on a certain, predefined path. You just better make dam sure that nothing is in its way lol. Cause if it is, its going to get run over. I think the main issue with why this wouldn't work, is power. But what if you had like a little onboard generator? Like a little weed eater motor or something? Or if that's not enough, then use a lawnmower motor or something a little larger than the weed eater motor. It wouldn't have to be loud, you can get a little muffler/exhaust system that would make it pretty quiet. And that little motor just spins a little alternator which of course charges some batteries for the electric motors. A lot like a car. Just something I have always wanted to try to do, if I ever had a boatload of spare cash laying around lol

Comment

• ^^^ Lmfao
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                developmet
                                Possibly one of my favorite things ever posted to the internet. It's like a stoner's inner monologue taken to the keyboard.

No wonder you like him so much.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X