And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denny
    What kind of hours are you pulling? You can take it to texts, if you want.
    No, fuck that. Now I'm curious.

Comment

• Well it looks like at least one guy over there can do basic math.

U.A.E. Raises Gasoline Price by 24%

The United Arab Emirates, OPEC’s third-biggest producer, will raise unleaded gasoline prices by 24 percent next month when it becomes the first country in the oil-rich Persian Gulf to remove subsidies on transport fuel.

Motorists in the U.A.E. will pay 2.14 dirhams per liter (58 cents) for 95-octane unleaded gasoline starting Aug. 1 as the country deregulates fuel prices, the official WAM news agency reported Tuesday. The gasoline grade currently sells in the country for 1.72 dirhams per liter, according to the Ministry of Energy’s website.

Diesel, which will also be linked to global markets, was set at 2.05 dirhams per liter, WAM reported. The ministry set 98-octane gasoline at 2.25 dirhams per liter and the 91-octane grade at 2.07 dirhams per liter. Prices for the fuels will be announced on the 28th day of each month, the ministry said July 22 in a statement.

Gasoline is now subsidized in the U.A.E., the second-biggest Arab economy and home to about 6 percent of global oil reserves. Gulf members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries provide some the largest per capita energy subsidies in the world, according to the International Monetary Fund. Subsidies have cost U.A.E. state-owned energy companies about $1 billion a year over the last decade, Suhail Al Mazrouei, the country’s energy minister, said in February.

The current U.S. price for premium unleaded gasoline is $3.16 a gallon, or 83 cents a liter, according to AAA, the biggest U.S. auto group. That compares with 26 cents in Qatar and 21 cents in Kuwait, both of them members of OPEC, and 16 cents in Saudi Arabia, the group’s largest producer, according to data compiled by GlobalPetrolPrices.com. The worldwide average price for gasoline is $1.10 a liter, the data show.

Comment

• $2.18 for diesel in Burleson. Wow
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          $2.18 for diesel in Burleson. Wow
          where at? I need to fill up
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            where at? I need to fill up
            The new 7/11 on John Jones
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• WTI $45.64 today...

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                WTI $45.64 today...
                Good thing Halliburton is getting me this cdl, finally. I may need it.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• 98 octane at the pump would be awesome. We just barely got 93 out here in BFE when stripes switched to Sunoco this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    I just want a month of full rotations. Even if I am stuck on dirt. Lol
                    Have you been stuck on the yard?
                    We're being sent down around Chorizo Springs after this job to relieve a crew from Wyoming.
                    They're being sent to our huge contract we've been doing in North Louisiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                      Have you been stuck on the yard?
                      We're being sent down around Chorizo Springs after this job to relieve a crew from Wyoming.
                      They're being sent to our huge contract we've been doing in North Louisiana.
                      Yard. Helping other crews. Gaps between wells. Driving school for the past 2 weeks and through this Friday. Just haven't seen a lot of 15 day rotations with full hours.

Comment

Yard. Helping other crews. Gaps between wells. Driving school for the past 2 weeks and through this Friday. Just haven't seen a lot of 15 day rotations with full hours.
                        Jesus. Inconsistent schedules and pay blows.
                        Focus on your CDL and any other certifications while you can.

I've had my CDL since 03. It has always been a guaranteed paycheck somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't know much, but what I do know is, if you put a Bucees in a town, the prices all of a sudden drop .40 a gallon.

Comment

• Offshore is where it's at man... Noble, Transocean, Oceaneering, Hornbeck.... check em out. There does not seem to be any shortage of work going on out in the gulf right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                              Jesus. Inconsistent schedules and pay blows.
                              Focus on your CDL and any other certifications while you can.

I've had my CDL since 03. It has always been a guaranteed paycheck somewhere.

All my competencies have been done for a month plus but zero signed off on though. Hopefully things get better I have 6 months a going in the whole each month invested to have to start over somewhere else. I really don't want to have to go back to A-Stan but that is always a route to quick financial stability for me. Trying to hold out though.

Comment

All my competencies have been done for a month plus but zero signed off on though. Hopefully things get better I have 6 months a going in the whole each month invested to have to start over somewhere else. I really don't want to have to go back to A-Stan but that is always a route to quick financial stability for me. Trying to hold out though.
                                We just went a through a huge ordeal to get our competencies signed off. I firmly believe the supervisors want to limit the number of people in their pool.
                                The guys that are the most intelligent in this field have all been blackballed at some point and had to find better employment or wait it out until the waste of a supervisor got fired, retired, or transferred.
                                I just went toe to toe with a safety leader, one of my supervisors, his field service leader, his boss, and finally the director of HR over current policies and safety protocols.
                                I came into the taproot with stacks of HSE policies, precedence of a failure to comply, proof of my impeccable test scores, competencies, text messages, emails, and other correspondence between supervisors.
                                Needless to say, I won hands down. They've apparently never had someone stick to their guns like I did.
                                Got some policies implemented that should wind up company wide before too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X