No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard from MikeC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may not make it right at 11 but I plan on being there.

Comment

• RIP Mike.
      I only met him a few times and had no problems. Always seemed to be a good dude. I hate that this happened.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
      George Orwell

Comment

• Terrible situation all around. With as much as he loved his boys, his pain and despair must have been overwhelming to overcome that love a father has for his sons. I hope I never have to feel that pain.
        One thing is constant in the days/weeks after someone commits suicide...an outpouring of emotion and kind words about the man he was. My thoughts are that maybe if he had gotten all of these uplifting words and emotion BEFORE he got to the point of not return, then maybe he would not have done it. So in the future, if there's even and inkling of depression in someone you call a friend, then be a friend and tell them how you feel. You never know, those kind words may pull them back from the brink.
        I always think of this song when boys lose their father.

Comment

• I'm not on here much anymore. I missed the original posts. I don't have a face-to-face friendship with many on here, but I did with Mike. I always liked Mike and we never had a cross word between us. Good dude on here and in person in my book.

I met Mike when I needed a new roof and knew he did roofing from posts on the old site. Then when the economy shit the bed and liberals began their concerted efforts to destroy the nation, Mike invited me to a get together at Texas De Brazil in FND (fashionable North Dallas) to eat steak and talk politics. Other than Sean88gt I can't recall who else was there. Mike said several times if it got really bad, he'd load up his family and head over to our place in E Tx to ride it out with my family. I felt honored that Mike believed my family and I are solid enough to depend on in a crisis.

I'm damn sorry things got bad enough for Mike to choose the path he did. I hate even more that his boys will suffer from this for the rest of their lives. I hope Mike found peace and I hope it somehow justifies the cost to those who love him. I wish Mike would've called or come by. I know others feel the same way, but experience has showed me time and again, when somebody is serious about it and makes up their mind, you're not going to stop them, no matter how much you wish you could.

Adios, mi amigo. Via con Dios.

JP

Comment

• We have a fund setup for Mikes Boys. We are almost at our goal guys. We only need 14 more guys to donate to this. Mike GF Courtney dontated $1000 alone and she isnt even part of this board. But believes in us and what we are doing for Mikes Boys!
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• FUCK! My first time signing in over the holidays to actually take the time to read some threads and I find this? Mike is the only guy I've met from this board so far and he fixed the leak on my roof this past summer.

When I met him, he was definitely a stand-up guy and someone I wouldn't mind trying to get together with for a drink. He called me once after the work was finished just to check how it was going and we shot the shit for a while on the phone about how things were going. Hell I think we all know it's not always that easy as an adult to try to make new friends....or I guess that's just been my experience in life. I always figured I'd have the chance to catch up with him again anyway. I had absolutely no idea he was as bad off as what I've read here. Plus I missed the fucking funeral service!!

RIP Mike

Comment

• Man, just now seeing this. I hate losing another board member. I only had one real face to face interaction with him. Guy drove clear across the metroplex to bid my roof after a hail storm in Flower Mound. Gave me the best quote and did a helluva job on our roof. Even sat out there for 20 mins educating me what to look for if I got other bids and went with someone else. He did a great job on our roof and recommended him for others. So sad, RIP Mike.

Comment

• Rip
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    Terrible situation all around. With as much as he loved his boys, his pain and despair must have been overwhelming to overcome that love a father has for his sons. I hope I never have to feel that pain.
                    One thing is constant in the days/weeks after someone commits suicide...an outpouring of emotion and kind words about the man he was. My thoughts are that maybe if he had gotten all of these uplifting words and emotion BEFORE he got to the point of not return, then maybe he would not have done it. So in the future, if there's even and inkling of depression in someone you call a friend, then be a friend and tell them how you feel. You never know, those kind words may pull them back from the brink.
                    I always think of this song when boys lose their father.
                    Outstanding post Dr.!

David

Comment

• I had no idea. Very sorry to hear about Mike's passing. He has been around since way back. We met each other a couple of times and he seemed like a nice enough guy.

Comment

• Mike C. was a good man. I had him come out and do some work on my old house a few times. He would always tell me about how proud he was about his boys - and and you could pretty much talk to him about anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X