• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
    FTFY

Lol, so my response was pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      lol. Me and Danny ate there on the Bonneville Trip. We both thought it was great(I'm pretty sure he thought it was great. I really liked it), but the serving size on the swordfish seemed like it was meant for an 8 year old girl.
      First time I went, I was impressed. Second time (the trip mentioned above), my food was good while Eric got this comically tiny piece of fish, so I'd say it was a mixed bag. Third time, I took Stacy and it sucked so I'm not sure I'll be going back.

Each time the place seemed to be less prestigious too; I remember suits and ties being worn by a lot of Italian looking mobsters the first time I went. The last time, they had a real Red Lobster vibe going on.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        FTFY

Lol, so my response was pretty good!
        Yeah, pretty spot on for not having seen it multiple times.

Comment

We do love Sushi..

Then you have to go to ozuma. Order the salmon belly first, they sometimes run out.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Then you have to go to ozuma. Order the salmon belly first, they sometimes run out.
            Cool.. Quick question, on the "Romantic / Upscale" places you listed, including Ozuma, how is the attire? I planned on taking primarily casual clothes and would like to avoid over-packing. I know most places in SoCal are pretty casual but not sure how that flies in the Bay Area. I'm certainly not packing a suit, and would like to avoid slacks too. Could I get away with nice jeans and a button down shirt?

Comment

No police academy reference for the blue oyster?

Comment

We do love Sushi..
                I misspoke...the sushi place we went to is in Sausalito, not the Presidio.

Sushi Ran -- http://sushiran.com/. It's a nice small place, but not too formal. I think I wore jeans and a nice shirt. The sushi was incredible and Sausalito is a cool town.

Comment

Smells like elitism up in here.

Comment

Good to know. May be a good lunch option for the day we do Alcatraz. I assume this place? https://www.boudinbakery.com/boudin_sf_menu

A bread bowl of clam chowder sounds good!
                    That's the place, and it's walking distance from where the Alcatraz tours depart.

Comment

Cool.. Quick question, on the "Romantic / Upscale" places you listed, including Ozuma, how is the attire? I planned on taking primarily casual clothes and would like to avoid over-packing. I know most places in SoCal are pretty casual but not sure how that flies in the Bay Area. I'm certainly not packing a suit, and would like to avoid slacks too. Could I get away with nice jeans and a button down shirt?
                      Nice jeans and shirt are fine. I should edit, it's Ozumo not Ozuma.
                      Last edited by slow99; 01-02-2015, 03:56 PM.
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Smells like elitism up in here.
                        Must still have it in your nose from law school.

Thanks for all the recommendations! We will be in Napa for a night so any casual places that are a must to eat at would be great, too!
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Head up towards Calistoga for the "wine country" feel, Napa is more of a typical city environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                            Must still have it in your nose from law school.

Thanks for all the recommendations! We will be in Napa for a night so any casual places that are a must to eat at would be great, too!
                            Hand to mouth until I'm out. Graduate or fail, I'm going back to getting paid.

Comment

Is Crab House any good? Only crab I've ever eaten is the fried soft shell crab at Pappadeaux, and I love it. I'm wanting to try more "traditional" crab in San Francisco. Dungeness is the good stuff, right?

Is there a great steak house that also has great crab?

I also want to have some pizza, and I'd like to sample what San Francisco has to offer for Mexican food.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                l I think it's kind of hard to have a bad meal in San Francisco. I'm glad Sutro Tower was brought up. I've never heard of it; going to have to check it out the next time I make it out there.
                                There's truth to that statement. I hate the term 'foodies' but my wife and I really enjoy good restaurants - it was a huge part of the appeal to SF for us. In 3 years, I had one bad meal there ... like, bad to the point I felt ripped off by having to pay for it. It was an Italian place in little Italy but the whole joint (staff, owners, customers) were Asian. It was horrible.

Google image Twin Peaks San Francisco. I'm shocked it doesn't get more attention. It's breathtaking when the sky is clear. The one thing that will stick with you after you leave is seeing it in car spots. Over half of car commercials show the car driving up the 180 degree turn right at the top.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                The last time, they had a real Red Lobster vibe going on.
                                Lmao, nailed it.

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                                Is Crab House any good? Only crab I've ever eaten is the fried soft shell crab at Pappadeaux, and I love it. I'm wanting to try more "traditional" crab in San Francisco. Dungeness is the good stuff, right?

Is there a great steak house that also has great crab?

I also want to have some pizza, and I'd like to sample what San Francisco has to offer for Mexican food.
                                I didn't eat there, but Crab House is in the Wharf, so my general advice is to stay away. The wharf is good for grabbing the chowder in the bread bowls and that's it, imo. Sotto Mare has crab, it's only a few blocks south of the wharf and was one of our top restaurants in SF.

Za Pizzeria in Russian Hill is the best pizza I've ever eaten. Close second was Patxi's pizza has 3 or 4 locations in SF and is really good. Their specialty is deep dish but they have a thin option that I loved. I never tried the deep dish, we don't like that style.

I honestly didn't eat a lot of Mexican food there. Mamacitas on the north side was pretty good the times I had it. The good Mexican food restaurants will be in the Mission district.

Also want to make sure Craig and Lea saw that I posted the sushi place incorrectly, it's Ozumo, not Ozuma.

Comment

Working...
                                X