Body shop people- bumper cover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shop people- bumper cover question

I've had good experiences with Keystone recently, getting what I gauged to be fair pricing. They pull up the part, mumble what it's listed for, then tell me the best deal they can give me.

I called a few days ago, needing another bumper cover (2007 Lexus LS460), and the guy says "$400, you know those Lexus parts are expensive!". I asked him if that was the best he could do, and he came back with $325. I asked him again if that was the best he could do, and he hesitated slightly, then said "yeah".

My question for those of you that deal with these parts on a regular basis-what should I be paying for this?

Secondly, anyone know a painter in Austin that could spray it base/clear if I supply the base coat color in ppg?
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Toyota will usually price match Keystone on aftermarket pricing. No help on the painter though. On a bumper job you will not save a whole lot doing it yourself. Might as well find a quality shop to do it and be done. Is it a 3 stage paint?

Comment

Pm me your contact info.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I just picked up a honda accord that needs or have the front and rear bumper covers painted. Rear may need to be replaced. The passenger side rear door looks like somebody parked next to an angry sasquach. Door dinged to hell and back. Who wants to fix it? I have some money. Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
          Toyota will usually price match Keystone on aftermarket pricing. No help on the painter though. On a bumper job you will not save a whole lot doing it yourself. Might as well find a quality shop to do it and be done. Is it a 3 stage paint?
          I think last time I had it done, I paid $200 or $250 for a guy to spray it (Caliber, guy doing a side job), I paid $50 for the paint supplies (I think I already had the clear), and I want to say I paid $250 for the bumper cover (Lexus GS350). I don't know if I could get it done at a body shop for $600.
          I like removing and replacing them on the car, doesn't bother me a bit.

And thanks for the Toyota tip.

I don't know if it's 3 stage...
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Pm me your contact info.
            pm sent

Comment

Working...
            X