blue moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    Christ, spend the extra buck and buy some Revolver Blood and Honey.
    I didn't like that one at all.... I think I'm the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      Then what taste like blue moon and is cheaper
      There won't be anything cheaper. That's kind of the point, kegs of Blue Moon are dirt cheap. You can buy it for the same price as Keystone or Bud Ice.

If you like it drink it. It's not a terrible beer by any means, they don't cut it with rice or anything. It's just mass produced by a huge corporation that does everything they can to lie about how and where it's made and it's distributed and priced specifically to destroy any competitors.

White Rascal is very similar in style and is sold in cans. Mr. Pineapple from San Tan is also available here now and is similar. Blood and Honey is one of the best beers you can get locally but it won't be cheaper. Maui also has a Mana Wheat in cans that's the same style. Alaskan White was already mentioned and is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        It's 100% their product. Sure it's produced by Blue Moon Brewing but that's under the umbrella of the Tenth and Blake Beer Company which is the "craft and import" division of Miller-Coors. They do all they legally can to masquerade as an independent brewery but it's far being one.

Batch 19 and Third Shift are setup exactly the same way btw.

Hoegaarden has a pretty mixed history but the product they offer today is actually brewed in Belgium, albeit by a bunch of AB-Inbev guys working with millions of dollars worth of equipment.

Avery's White Rascal is a pretty good compromise for a wheat beer. It's cheap, readily available and from an actual craft brewery.
        I used to love hoegarden when I drank! It didn't sell very well though
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Not the only onr...I hate that shit too.

Actually I hate almost all "craft beer". All of the non mainstream stuff I like was around long before this huge surge in hipster fancy label funny name beer came out, and will be around when the fad dies. Some craft beer is good, but 80% of it sucks. I'll admit i like darker heavier beer, so that plays into my opinion. Sour beer is disguisting, but I'll say that if I were to drink it, jester king is far and wide the best sour beer I've tasted.

Ola dubh is an amazing beer if you are a real man And want something crafty.

Comment

you saw me standing alone
            Without a dream in my heart
            Without a love of my own

Comment

I like "craft" beer, although a lot of them have tried to keep a craft look but have become mainstream...

I'm a big fan of IPA's and pale ales for the most part.... anything from my top breweries are my preferred:

Stone Brewing
              Oskar Blues (not that Old Chubb shit though)
              Rahr
              Deep Ellum

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                You may be. I get people asking me all the time what beer they should try as a crossover in to the "craft" realm and Blood and Honey is my go to answer. I'm going to try and brew a "clone" of it next month.

Comment

You may be. I get people asking me all the time what beer they should try as a crossover in to the "craft" realm and Blood and Honey is my go to answer. I'm going to try and brew a "clone" of it next month.
                  I usually recommend Deep Ellum's regular IPA. I'm not a huge fan of the brewery but their IPA is a very easy drinker and it's hop profile is way more on the fruity side than bitter. That and the can is colorful and cool looking.

Or Hops & Grains Zoe but it's very hard to find sometimes. It's a pale lager which isn't too exciting but it's dry hopped. They are getting close to being my favorite brewery. I keep a 6 pack of Pale Dog, Zoe and Porter Culture on hand most of the time. They have the attitude and passion like Jester King but are making more mainstream styles. By this I mean they strive to put out a great product without any regard to profits.

Jester King still hand bottles everything they sell btw, kind of ridiculous. I don't see how they can possibly be making a profit. Every beer is barrel aged some how and usually refermented with something. Their ingredients are all organic and usually locally sourced. Somehow even when they decide to make a beer with fermented mushrooms it turns out awesome.

Comment

The only craft beer that I keep going back to is Lakewood The Temptress. It's pretty damned good - and it's 9% abv.

I've had Blood and Honey several times, and it is pretty good too.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      I usuall.....

Jester King still hand bottles everything they sell btw, kind of ridiculous. I don't see how they can possibly be making a profit. Every beer is barrel aged some how and usually refermented with something. Their ingredients are all organic and usually locally sourced. Somehow even when they decide to make a beer with fermented mushrooms it turns out awesome.
                      The brewery is a lot bigger than I thought, and their location is amazing. We were out there about a month ago, and while I hate sour beer...it was probably my favorite brewery experience aside from my first ever trip to shiner maybe 7 years back.

They said about 10% of their barrels are too bad to sell, and their process seemed very involving. They were definitely passionate, and have no desire to be like a mainstream beer company.

I would guess a lot of their profit now comes from actual brewery tours. They sell a lot of other companies beer as well, and were packed the entire time I was there and it was cold.

Comment

Blue Moon is the only beer that gives me indigestion. Shiner Hefe is what my wife likes during the summer and she says it taste pretty similar. The hefeweizen style beers are too sweet for me.

Try a good German style lager in its place. Too many to name, just make sure one of the big boys is not behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          The only craft beer that I keep going back to is Lakewood The Temptress. It's pretty damned good - and it's 9% abv.
                          They have like 15 versions of it, all are good though. If you really like that style Trader Joe's Stockyard Oatmeal Stout gets pretty good reviews and it's cheap!

Rahr's Snowmageddon is also very similar but hard to find. It wouldn't surprise me if the same brewer came up with both recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            I love this guy.
                            And i love you like a good dump.

Comment

Christ, spend the extra buck and buy some Revolver Blood and Honey.
                              She will be trying that this weekend. Lots of peeps at her work love it.

Comment

I'd rather drink coors or natural light before blue moon. That shit is nasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X