food stamp challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food stamp challenge

I was talking to my wife about the food stamp diet and we started thinking about how hard it would actually be to eat healthy on $4.30 a day. I think that's enough to eat a technically healthier diet than 75% of the nation.

My choices would be:

Sardines
    Lentils
    Brussels sprouts
    Crackers
    Chicken
    Tuna
    Milk
    Quinoa

I could do that for under 4.30 a day.

What would you eat?

McDonald's value menu.

Comment

Speaking of food stamps. This is where my tax dollars are going.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Is that super 1?

Comment

Guesses on where this will get moved?

Food Forum?
          Workout Forum?
          God and Country?
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Both.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Is that super 1?
              Super 1 was owned by Brookeshire's sold to Fleming corporation. Rebranded as rainbow foods. Went out of business a year later I worked for both of them. But this is fiesta in Pleasant Grove.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Dat side boob
                2012 GT500

Comment

Not directing this at you or anyone here, but I find it weird that many people think that the only money people have to eat is what comes from food stamps. That's the very implication of the food stamp challenge. To realize, "oh, I can't eat like this. We should pay these people moar"

Hell, even the .gov calls it the SUPPLEMENTAL Nutrition ASSISTANCE program.

for fuck's sake.

/rant

Comment

There was a piece of shit employee I use to have, he would use his baby mama's WiC card to buy food for himself. "she treat me good". Not even good food, shit like gummy worms and a monster for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Guesses on where this will get moved?

Food Forum?
                      Workout Forum?
                      God and Country?
                      Dude I had the same internal debate. Figured if it could fit in all those it was general enough for here.

Soap how the hell do you know post 1864 supermarket history so well?

Comment

EASY. Start with white rice. Cheap by the pound. Second, add checken. Buy whole chickens, cut up for several meals... When I'm in a workout groove, thats pretty much what I eat. Throw in some veggies ( I like corn,peas,and carrots)...4.30 goes a long way

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                          Not directing this at you or anyone here, but I find it weird that many people think that the only money people have to eat is what comes from food stamps. That's the very implication of the food stamp challenge. To realize, "oh, I can't eat like this. We should pay these people moar"

Hell, even the .gov calls it the SUPPLEMENTAL Nutrition ASSISTANCE program.

for fuck's sake.

/rant
                          I fully agree with you. Its supplemental not primary.

My point is that even if you call it your only source...I can make a healthy meal 3 times a day for 4.30 so the bitching needs to quit.

I forgot to add eggs or egg substitute.

Comment

Another gay creation from social media. BTW, most of that list is on my usual list.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              Another gay creation from social media. BTW, most of that list is on my usual list.
                              Same here...I just throw in a bit more fancy stuff in the evenings. I love me some swordfish and nice soups.

Comment

Working...
                              X