Coin Collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin Collectors?

My FIL brought over 2 "bankers boxes" full of coins that I have no interest in and do not want them. We want to sell them, but do not want to give them away. Anyone know somewhere to take them that's not going to rape us? Or at least someone that can help identify them. If it's worth it maybe I can sell on ebay
    Last edited by gonzo; 02-26-2015, 08:14 AM.

Are they all US currency? Any gold? Anything post 1964 is generally worth face value. Some stuff post WW2 has value but the big money stuff is from WW1 and before.

WW2-1964 is probably 90% silver which is worth a lot more than face value but you have some legal issues with melting down currency.

Comment

I got about $3.50 for you

Comment

Post what you have.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Coin values are updated with live prices. Coinflation measures the current metal or melt value of U.S. circulating coinage, pre-1965 silver coins, and gold coins.

That'll give you the metal value of 5he coins. For anything "collectable," you can run them up to Dallas Gold and Silver or research prices via ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            I got about $3.50 for you
            Took someone long enough. Nicely done.

Comment

$100, on my way.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                Post what you have.
                I'm not really sure what I have. I need to go through it and inventory. Try to figure out what each coin is

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                  I'm not really sure what I have. I need to go through it and inventory. Try to figure out what each coin is
                  If anyone ever finds any little 3 cent pieces from the late 1800s, I would love to find another one.

Comment

Comment

so i've spent the last few hours doing inventory and I am really surprised at the quantity and quality. I've found about 15 Carson City Silver Dollars that range 200-400 bucks on eBay. Now my problem is figuring out how to have these certified as it appears that the $400 ones bring at least that when they're certified.

Comment

They can be mailed out for "grading", they charge a little, then send it back to you all sealed up and pretty.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
                          They can be mailed out for "grading", they charge a little, then send it back to you all sealed up and pretty.
                          yeah i've found the mail out ones, i was looking for local but I'm not sure that exists

Comment

I bought coins here for my son to start a coin collection years ago. The shop owner was friendly and took time to explain some details to a couple novice collectors.

Lone Star Mint
                            805 E 15th St,
                            Plano, TX 75074
                            (972) 422-1936

Founded in 1983, Lone Star Mint is backed by over 100 years of industry experience. Since the beginning we have endeavored to provide a wide variety of U.S. and world coins, ancient coins, precious metals, collector supplies, U.S. and World currencies and stamps for our collectors on a continual basis. We frequently do estate, insurance and collection appraisals, investment grade portfolio procurement, as well as custom minting for a number of State Government programs, Large Corporations and private businesses. Lone Star Mint has been and continues to be an exclusive authorized PCGS submission center. Providing the best in third party grading and certification services for our clients.

Basic steps used to read and grade coins here

Comment

Originally posted by Fourx4Brad View Post
                              I bought coins here for my son to start a coin collection years ago. The shop owner was friendly and took time to explain some details to a couple novice collectors.

Lone Star Mint
                              805 E 15th St,
                              Plano, TX 75074
                              (972) 422-1936

Founded in 1983, Lone Star Mint is backed by over 100 years of industry experience. Since the beginning we have endeavored to provide a wide variety of U.S. and world coins, ancient coins, precious metals, collector supplies, U.S. and World currencies and stamps for our collectors on a continual basis. We frequently do estate, insurance and collection appraisals, investment grade portfolio procurement, as well as custom minting for a number of State Government programs, Large Corporations and private businesses. Lone Star Mint has been and continues to be an exclusive authorized PCGS submission center. Providing the best in third party grading and certification services for our clients.

Basic steps used to read and grade coins here

http://lsmint.com/AboutCoins.html
                              good to know

Comment

Working...
                              X