Hydraulic jack repair..Ft Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic jack repair..Ft Worth?

Got a jack & ram off an engine hoist that need to be gone thru. Thought at one time there was someone here that did that kind of repair work. Ideas anyone??

Any good hydraulic shop should be able to do it, I'd think.

Comment

The last hydraulic shop I call about a ram on a engine hoist said they don't mess with the little stuff. I ended up picking up another ram from harbor freight

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
        The last hydraulic shop I call about a ram on a engine hoist said they don't mess with the little stuff. I ended up picking up another ram from harbor freight
        x2

Comment

Pickings are very slim, buddy. I don't know of anyone in Fort Worth. I used to use Hydraulic Service in Dallas, but they're mediocre at best. If they didn't lose your shit all together, it was at least a month before you got it back. There's another little place in Dallas called Southwestern Jack Repair that I've used a handful of times with some success. The DC uses a new vendor that has been pretty good so far, but it's only been a couple of months. I've only sent in service jacks, but the turn around has been no more than ten days and that's with two days of transit time. I'll find out exactly who it is on Monday.

Comment

Check out Bailey Cylinders online to see if they have a similar cylinder. Cheap and normally in stock. I consider stuff like that throw a ways but we normally mess with more expensive stuff. I believe Hundley hydraulics and American hydraulics are out in your direction if you want to call them.

Comment

Cylinders like that are really easy to repack. Finding the packing kits might be a little harder though. Is it leaking or not have enough power?Call a twisted Wire out in Weatherford http://twistedwireinc.com/
              Couple good guys running it and they rebuild hydraulic cylinders for cheaper then everyone else.

Comment

Working...
              X