351 Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351 Cleveland

We bought a 1980 Ranger pretty cheap that happened to have a 351 Cleveland motor in it. Motor and transmission feel strong. Just curious what those motors are worth. Odometer shows 92k but its only a 5 digit so could be 92... 192... 292.. but motor sounds like a 92k motor.

Wondering if its better to try and pull the motor and sell it or sell the truck.

Truck is an ugly SOB but runs and drives cold air and heat works.

Sounds like a pretty boss truck. Sure it's not a 351 Modified?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

351C value is extremely dependent on the heads. 4v closed chamber or "quench" heads will bring the highest dollar. 4v open will bring the next, and 2v heads will be the least desireable price wise.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Sounds like a pretty boss truck. Sure it's not a 351 Modified?
        Unless it's had an engine swap, it would have to be.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Its probably an M motor.

Comment

Ok. I will have to check and make sure. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

It's the right year for one, so it could be either. If it's a single cab/short bed that came with an M, it would be perfect for a Cleveland swap.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, if the the tranny has the large bell housing you have a 351M and if the bell housing is small you have a 351C.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post

Truck is an ugly SOB but runs and drives cold air and heat works.
                  Full restoration!
                  WH

Comment

Clevelands were discontinued after 1974. It could be a swap but 351M and 400s used big block engine mounts and bell housings so it really wouldn't be any easier from that starting point.

If it is a Cleveland, the real value is in the block as they are getting harder to find. If you have a factory bore 4 bolt block that's worth about 800 alone.
                    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

If you happen to want some 4V closed chambers, I have a good set in my garage.
                      Originally posted by Buzzo
                      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X