Calming the mind before an interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Just to bring the thread to a close, though I was one of the two final candidates they were looking at, in the end I didn't get the job. I'm a little bummed, but the net of it is that I'm now on their radar, and was told that I would definitely be an asset to the team. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next opening, take the constructive criticism that was given to heart, and keep building my resume.

Overall it was a great experience, and I'll be cool as a cucumber for the next go 'round.
    Well, shit. Sorry bud. Sounds cliché, but maybe it's happening this way for a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Well, shit. Sorry bud. Sounds cliché, but maybe it's happening this way for a good reason.

It was good bit more more money, which would have been nice, but at the cost of a lot more stress to manage. Life's pretty care-free at the moment, which doesn't have a price.

I got to put a value on myself in the current market, and I like the outcome, so I ain't mad.

Comment

Was this a gig at HP or did I misunderstand an earlier post?

I was offered on both jobs but they changed the requirements on me. The first went from a max of 75% travel to 100% travel. Checking with a few people I found out they really meant 100%. I turned that down immediatelt.

I'm really bummed about the 2nd one. They wanted me to move to Chicago. The money was insane but moving to Chicago would have evened out the from the cost of living, then I'm stuck freezing my balls off in the worst city in the country. Pass..

Comment

while a tick in the win column is always nice

sometimes a tick in the loss column can remind you just how good you actually have it!

like you said, Aaron, you'll be flawless when the RIGHT gig presents itself
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Was this a gig at HP or did I misunderstand an earlier post?

I was offered on both jobs but they changed the requirements on me. The first went from a max of 75% travel to 100% travel. Checking with a few people I found out they really meant 100%. I turned that down immediatelt.

I'm really bummed about the 2nd one. They wanted me to move to Chicago. The money was insane but moving to Chicago would have evened out the from the cost of living, then I'm stuck freezing my balls off in the worst city in the country. Pass..
            I think that I mentioned earlier, that one of the prelim candidates was from HP, this was an interview for a top sales gig at Microsoft. Bummer about the two offers not panning out. I had the second scenario happen 6 years ago, but the end city was San Diego (a the time), so here I am in Cali. I have often joked with myself that had I gone to Chicago, I'd have moved home the first winter, or put a bullet in my brain. Good call, and like me, you get a glimpse at how valuable you are.

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            while a tick in the win column is always nice

sometimes a tick in the loss column can remind you just how good you actually have it!

like you said, Aaron, you'll be flawless when the RIGHT gig presents itself
            Thanks Forest, and I think you're right on all counts. This patience virtue thing never seems to go away...

Comment

Overall it was a great experience, and I'll be cool as a cucumber for the next go 'round.
              Great attitude and sometimes that is how it goes. It's all networking anyways, it's funny how things come and go and how people remember you.

Although, it's very uncomfortable when you don't remember them.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I think that I mentioned earlier, that one of the prelim candidates was from HP, this was an interview for a top sales gig at Microsoft. Bummer about the two offers not panning out. I had the second scenario happen 6 years ago, but the end city was San Diego (a the time), so here I am in Cali. I have often joked with myself that had I gone to Chicago, I'd have moved home the first winter, or put a bullet in my brain. Good call, and like me, you get a glimpse at how valuable you are.
                The HR at VMware told me to stay tuned. They have more positions opening this summer..

Glad you weren't applying to HP. This place kinda sucks ass right now. Layoffs all over the damn place. One of my good buddies got the hammer dropped on him but my boss and I were able to find him an architect job elsewhere in the company. Right now our Public Service group is the only people hiring..

Meg is also trying to force people into quitting by making the place a hellhole. Not only did she kill telecommuting, but now we have people coming up and down the aisle calling roll to make sure people are showing up..

Comment

Meg is also trying to force people into quitting by making the place a hellhole. Not only did she kill telecommuting, but now we have people coming up and down the aisle calling roll to make sure people are showing up..
                  Yeah that would make me want to bail.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The HR at VMware told me to stay tuned. They have more positions opening this summer..

Glad you weren't applying to HP. This place kinda sucks ass right now. Layoffs all over the damn place. One of my good buddies got the hammer dropped on him but my boss and I were able to find him an architect job elsewhere in the company. Right now our Public Service group is the only people hiring..

This could very well be a factor in why the guy from HP was interviewing at Microsoft, though the rest of us were there because we wanted the job. Doesn't sound like a place I'd want to work, especially having worked entirely from a home office for years.

We used to have role call on our monthly sales calls, which seemed a tad juvenile, considering some of us are already entrusted with managing $10's of millions in revenue. IMO if somebody's producing, let them do their thing.

I'm by no means giving up on getting in at Microsoft, and I firmly believe that it's only a matter of time, and some more relationship building. Hell, the most tenured AE has been there only 4 years, and I've been there every stepof the way. Sounds like the same for you at VMWare, may patience turn to persistence.

Comment

I'm by no means giving up on getting in at Microsoft, and I firmly believe that it's only a matter of time, and some more relationship building. Hell, the most tenured AE has been there only 4 years, and I've been there every stepof the way. Sounds like the same for you at VMWare, may patience turn to persistence.
                      exactly. I'm meeting up with some VMware execs in a couple weeks.

Comment

Well, my chance to be that cucumber is coming. There is a similar role up for grabs now, because the exec in that territory got a promotion, and the hiring manager (same as last time) has specifically asked that I submit my resume. It's by no means in the bag so to speak, as there is fierce competition for this spot, but it does bode well for my chances that he wants to take another look at me.

Everyone on the team that I have talked to thus far has been really positive, saying that it's the perfect role for me, and that I'd fit right in, so in the event that I don't get it, I can hold my head high knowing that my time will come. If I do get it, you guys and gals won't be hearing from me much for a while.

Comment

Well, my chance to be that cucumber is coming. There is a similar role up for grabs now, because the exec in that territory got a promotion, and the hiring manager (same as last time) has specifically asked that I submit my resume. It's by no means in the bag so to speak, as there is fierce competition for this spot, but it does bode well for my chances that he wants to take another look at me.

Everyone on the team that I have talked to thus far has been really positive, saying that it's the perfect role for me, and that I'd fit right in, so in the event that I don't get it, I can hold my head high knowing that my time will come. If I do get it, you guys and gals won't be hearing from me much for a while.
                          In my experience, with this type of situation, it means that the job is yours to lose. Good luck man!

Comment

Good luck, sounds like more cowskins are in your future!

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

It's bearskins 'round these parts, snarling head included for this kind of scratch. Choo choo.

I think you are correct to a point Craig, but there is at least one more candidate that I've been made aware of, that's on the radar as well. She's already a rep for them in another territory, but she's got zero government experience or relationships, and I've worked solely with these CA government agencies for almost 15 years now, and I won't require a relocation package.

I've got a positive vibe, but it's not in the bag yet, I still need to interview well.

Comment

Working...
                                X