Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill it.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Best of luck bro!

Comment

bad ass, news Aa!

best of luck, though it sounds like you've already got it cold :cool:
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Funny how things happen in threes. The interviews went really well, and I am now one of two final candidates being considered, but still waiting on a final decision, as the hiring manager is traveling for a few days. The suspense is palpable at this point.

Then yesterday afternoon I get a call out of the blue from a competitor to my current company, saying that he has seen my resume (on Linked In most likely), and wanted to chat with me about a similar role that has opened with them. This is basically an opportunity to bring my existing client base over to a new company as "net-new" business, and get paid handsomely for it. There is risk in that there are no guarantees as to who will follow me over there, but I'm confident it would be a successful venture.

For number three, I am to be getting a call some time today from the company that bought my previous employer 6 months ago, to go over my offer to keep on with the new company. Could be more, could be less.

Life was pretty static for quite a few years, and now suddenly there are a bunch of ??? in the future, and change is in the air.

Comment

Wow, good for you sir.
            Good luck man!

David

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Funny how things happen in threes. The interviews went really well, and I am now one of two final candidates being considered, but still waiting on a final decision, as the hiring manager is traveling for a few days. The suspense is palpable at this point.

Then yesterday afternoon I get a call out of the blue from a competitor to my current company, saying that he has seen my resume (on Linked In most likely), and wanted to chat with me about a similar role that has opened with them. This is basically an opportunity to bring my existing client base over to a new company as "net-new" business, and get paid handsomely for it. There is risk in that there are no guarantees as to who will follow me over there, but I'm confident it would be a successful venture.

For number three, I am to be getting a call some time today from the company that bought my previous employer 6 months ago, to go over my offer to keep on with the new company. Could be more, could be less.

Life was pretty static for quite a few years, and now suddenly there are a bunch of ??? in the future, and change is in the air.
              Good luck man!!!

Ive got a few interviews over the next few days just as contingency plans if this place goes under. It seems like all the companies realize their competitors are looking at you and all go for you at once lol.

Im sure something big will come through!

Comment

Best of luck to you, Aaron. I'm about to dip my toes in the water and see what's out there myself.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Good luck to you both, the universe does tend to respond when you put your needs/desires out there.

The offer from my new employer on Friday was enough of a bump to take the thought of moving to a competitor off the table, but I am still waiting for Microsoft to make a decision on the open position. Having gotten a concrete increase does take a little of the edge off, but this waiting game still sucks, I'm ready to start the new adventure...

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Best of luck to you, Aaron. I'm about to dip my toes in the water and see what's out there myself.
                    Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Good luck man!!!

Ive got a few interviews over the next few days just as contingency plans if this place goes under. It seems like all the companies realize their competitors are looking at you and all go for you at once lol.

Im sure something big will come through!
                    Good luck to both of you. There are good jobs out there. I turned down three jobs coming up to this gig with VMware.

Good luck to you both, the universe does tend to respond when you put your needs/desires out there.

The offer from my new employer on Friday was enough of a bump to take the thought of moving to a competitor off the table, but I am still waiting for Microsoft to make a decision on the open position. Having gotten a concrete increase does take a little of the edge off, but this waiting game still sucks, I'm ready to start the new adventure...
                    Don't forget that MS also treats their people really well. So would this be down in Las Colinas? Jedi and I were contractors down there about 10 years ago.

Comment

• We'll stay here in Sacramento, my territory would be all northern California cities and counties. Possibly move north in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        Then yesterday afternoon I get a call out of the blue from a competitor to my current company, saying that he has seen my resume (on Linked In most likely), and wanted to chat with me about a similar role that has opened with them. This is basically an opportunity to bring my existing client base over to a new company as "net-new" business, and get paid handsomely for it.
                        Can't you get your pants sued off for that? Heck, I think there are actually laws against it in many states. Maybe it depends on the industry. Seems immoral, at best.

Anyway, best of luck with the other job, man!

Comment

• They have to prove that you are using company specific and confidential information, which I never use, it's all about my relationships with clients. I am well beyond the statute of a non-vompete anyway.

Comment

They have to prove that you are using company specific and confidential information, which I never use, it's all about my relationships with clients. I am well beyond the statute of a non-vompete anyway.
                            I dunno man. Sounds like classic theft of intellectual property to me. At the very least it seems super shady. Maybe I'm missing something in your explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                              I dunno man. Sounds like classic theft of intellectual property to me. At the very least it seems super shady. Maybe I'm missing something in your explanation.
                              Think of it like a car salesman working at a Ford dealership for a few years and then deciding to work for a different place selling Chevy's. His selling style and personality is unique to him, and his success relies on that, not anything specific to the dealership he works for. Compare that to a Ford engineer that helped to design the Coyote engine, then heading over to Chevy to apply that knowledge to help design their new version of the LS1.

Cali is also one of the better states to be in for that kind of protection, but it's a non-issue because I am either staying put and appreciating the raise, or getting an offer from higher up in the food chain. You are right in that it's a bit of a grey area, and not at all worth any potential hassle for a negligible compensation increase, so I am a bit relieved that I got the increase that I asked for.

Comment

Think of it like a car salesman working at a Ford dealership for a few years and then deciding to work for a different place selling Chevy's. His selling style and personality is unique to him, and his success relies on that, not anything specific to the dealership he works for.
                                I feel like you are getting off topic. You'd specifically mentioned taking your existing client list to a competitor. That's where the issue would be. It has nothing to do with selling style, personality, or success. And heck, I know that car salesmen do that, but they are ruthless, and maybe it's standard in that industry. I have no idea. So maybe it is in yours, too. I just know that in the industries in which I've worked, it would get your butt sued in a heartbeat.

Compare that to a Ford engineer that helped to design the Coyote engine, then heading over to Chevy to apply that knowledge to help design their new version of the LS1.
                                Another invalid comparison to client lists. However, if that engineer took specific, proprietary info about the Ford technology and applied it to his new work at Chevy, I'm sure he'd be in a world of hurt if Ford could prove it. But again, that's not the topic at hand.

Like I said, though, I don't know how CA works or how your industry works, but I'd be surprised to learn that it's that different from sales jobs I've had.

Comment

Working...
                                X