Looking for volunteers for my nonprofit $

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      White chicken. Of course.
      How would you know if it was fat or not

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
        What if I buy the booze?
        Got any left over from the bar days? Also I'd really like to hear about those days sometime. Or if there is already a thread. I'm sure you have some good horror stories
        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Really? I think maybe it was Paladin (or the individual later known as Paladin) that I met there from the old site, and I believe the young mans name for whom the run was dedicated was Ricky. It started at Texan Ford as I recall and ended at a Ford dealer in far south Fort Worth or Burleson near the 175/I-35W split.
          Yup, that was Paladin...I met him there as well. I also met one of the Mach1-something guys...don't remember his full post name, just that it contained Mach1. It was only a couple months after my car went back together with the new combo....it drew enough attention that day that it was later theorized someone took down my plate number during that event, so that they could lookup the address where the car was registered. Ironically, the night the car was stolen someone reported a suspicious car parked near their house, about a block away...it was said to have had a www.dfwstangs.net sticker on it's back window....quite a coincidence if you ask me.

The car was always garaged, but I had to leave it out a couple nights b/c my Chevelle was strewed out and taking up all the space in the 2-car spot that I had at the time. Would make sense that someone was watching for it to be left out...and they got lucky.

Anyways, it's old news now and I'm far over it. You probably wouldn't remember it, but this was the coupe I was in that day....I recall it was a great day too.....

The thieves did at least miss out on something - I had just picked up a set of 18" Racelines and some new rubber for it, test fitted them just a couple days before but didn't leave them on b/c I didn't have the right lug nuts for them....I took this picture that day, put the R wheels back on and ordered some lugs, they came in the day after it was stolen....new wheels still stacked up in the garage.

What really stung was that the car had been nominated for a challenge with Car Craft magazine...1 of only 10 that the magazine selected. I received my acceptance letter and pre-copy of the magazine (which had pics and specs on the car) about a week after the car was gone...had no idea it had actually been selected before that packet arrived. However, that actually turned out to be a saving grace...the insurance company used the info out of the magazine in addition to the receipts, pics and videos I had to help put a value on the car...and what they paid was more than I had ever paid (or have since) for any foxbody Mustang....all in total it was about $5000 more than I had in the car.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            How would you know if it was fat or not
            You lost me...in case you didnt know, there's a running joke on here that I hate fatties due to a thread I made a few years back. In reality, I couldnt care less how heavy people are...it's their character that matters. Now I do dislike morbid obesity...the condition, not the patient.

Comment

• bullshit, when I asked to go play golf with you, you told me the tires on the cart weren't rated for sea cow, spit in my face, and sped off
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                bullshit, when I asked to go play golf with you, you told me the tires on the cart weren't rated for sea cow, spit in my face, and sped off
                So?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I want to party with Brad, but I fear that my liver will give up and I'll die of alcohol poisoning. lol

Edit: I think it'd be easier for me to list the people that I'd rather not meet, and that list is short. Much like Yale, I'm down for meeting a vast majority of y'all.
                  Last edited by racrguy; 04-14-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    So?
                    true
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                      Yup, that was Paladin...I met him there as well. I also met one of the Mach1-something guys...don't remember his full post name, just that it contained Mach1. It was only a couple months after my car went back together with the new combo....it drew enough attention that day that it was later theorized someone took down my plate number during that event, so that they could lookup the address where the car was registered. Ironically, the night the car was stolen someone reported a suspicious car parked near their house, about a block away...it was said to have had a www.dfwstangs.net sticker on it's back window....quite a coincidence if you ask me.

The car was always garaged, but I had to leave it out a couple nights b/c my Chevelle was strewed out and taking up all the space in the 2-car spot that I had at the time. Would make sense that someone was watching for it to be left out...and they got lucky.

Anyways, it's old news now and I'm far over it. You probably wouldn't remember it, but this was the coupe I was in that day....I recall it was a great day too.....

The thieves did at least miss out on something - I had just picked up a set of 18" Racelines and some new rubber for it, test fitted them just a couple days before but didn't leave them on b/c I didn't have the right lug nuts for them....I took this picture that day, put the R wheels back on and ordered some lugs, they came in the day after it was stolen....new wheels still stacked up in the garage.

What really stung was that the car had been nominated for a challenge with Car Craft magazine...1 of only 10 that the magazine selected. I received my acceptance letter and pre-copy of the magazine (which had pics and specs on the car) about a week after the car was gone...had no idea it had actually been selected before that packet arrived. However, that actually turned out to be a saving grace...the insurance company used the info out of the magazine in addition to the receipts, pics and videos I had to help put a value on the car...and what they paid was more than I had ever paid (or have since) for any foxbody Mustang....all in total it was about $5000 more than I had in the car.
                      It was a great day, with the exception of course of your immaculate foxbody being unknowingly targeted for its subsequent theft. Theives suck as much today as they did ten years ago.

There were several terminators there too, along with some '03 - '04 Mach 1s (mine being one of them). I remember the dealer in Grapevine, Payton Wright, had one of the Ford GT supercars, and I had the pleasure of returning to Hillard in southwest FTW, where I had bought my Mach 1 off the showroom floor only a couple of years before. This was before all or most of those Ford dealers morphed into AutoNation.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        It was a great day, with the exception of course of your immaculate foxbody being unknowingly targeted for its subsequent theft. Theives suck as much today as they did ten years ago.

There were several terminators there too, along with some '03 - '04 Mach 1s (mine being one of them). I remember the dealer in Grapevine, Payton Wright, had one of the Ford GT supercars, and I had the pleasure of returning to Hillard in southwest FTW, where I had bought my Mach 1 off the showroom floor only a couple of years before. This was before all or most of those Ford dealers morphed into AutoNation.
                        I agree...they were different back then, I recall those dealers rolled out the red carpet for us.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop
                        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• grove rat slow99 naynay frost forbes buzzo

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            bullshit, when I asked to go play golf with you, you told me the tires on the cart weren't rated for sea cow, spit in my face, and sped off
                            LoL...you asked to play with my balls and club.

Comment

• From the 2005 Poker Run, County Line Ford

Mr. Paladins Mach 1

Last edited by The King; 09-21-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• I remember the name, Paladin, but don't remember much about him.

Comment

Working...
                                X