Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of cutting the cord....

So I've researched some this afternoon.

I can do sling box for $20 (espn and a few other channels)
    Netflix and Hulu plus for $16 (shows/movies)
    Hbo now for $15 (Game of Thrones)
    Digital antenna for local and then Internet at $50 a month and save around $50-65 a month by cutting the cord.

Who's done it and not regretted it?
    Last edited by Nate; 04-16-2015, 02:57 PM.

Originally posted by Nate View Post
    So I've researched some this afternoon.

I can do sling box for $20 (espn and a few other channels)
    Netflix and Hulu plus for $16 (shows/movies)
    Hbo now for $15 (Game of Thrones)
    Digital antenna for local and then Internet at $50 a month and save around $50-65 a month by cutting the cord.

Who's done it and not regretted it?

I don't miss cable one bit. I do sling/netflix/amazon prime.

Comment

Amazon prime ftw

Comment

I do Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Chromecast. Hulu Plus sucks, unless there are NBC shows you HAVE to see. You pay extra to see the same shows you can see on a digital antenna, with shittier commercials.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Netflix + Hulu + Amazon Prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Netflix + Hulu + Amazon Prime.

This. Don't miss cable at all.

Disclaimer: I haven't gone through a football season without it yet. We shall see.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Disclaimer: I haven't gone through a football season without it yet. We shall see.
              This is my concern.

Comment

This. Don't miss cable at all.

Yeah, baseball is probably the one thing I miss, but I generally go the MLB app and listen to a radio broadcast or go down the street to a bar if I just really want to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  I do Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Chromecast. Hulu Plus sucks, unless there are NBC shows you HAVE to see. You pay extra to see the same shows you can see on a digital antenna, with shittier commercials.
                  I forgot about Chromecast + Plex.

Comment

I'm paying fucking $130 to charter for internet and channels 1-95. Normal ass TV, no movie channels. $130 seems higher than giraffe pussy.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

This is my concern.
                      I think I'll be ok honestly. Sure not having RedZone will suck. But in reality I can keep track of scores via fantasy football apps. Sunday's games are all on major networks, so you can watch via antenna. The only games I won't get is Thursday or Monday nights, unless the Cowboys play Th/Mo, in which case it will be on one of the local channels as well. Thursday games mostly suck so no loss there really, and I can hit the bar for Monday night games. Still very manageable in theory, but won't know for sure until the season starts.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I think I'll be ok honestly. Sure not having RedZone will suck. But in reality I can keep track of scores via fantasy football apps. Sunday's games are all on major networks, so you can watch via antenna. The only games I won't get is Thursday or Monday nights, unless the Cowboys play Th/Mo, in which case it will be on one of the local channels as well. Thursday games mostly suck so no loss there really, and I can hit the bar for Monday night games. Still very manageable in theory, but won't know for sure until the season starts.
                        Monday nights are on ESPN (Sling TV) so you could catch those there.

I just figured out that HBO Now is ONLY available for Apple TV for 3 months...

Comment

Monday nights are on ESPN (Sling TV) so you could catch those there.

I just figured out that HBO Now is ONLY available for Apple TV for 3 months...
                          You can get HBO though sling. $35 total

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            Yeah, baseball is probably the one thing I miss, but I generally go the MLB app and listen to a radio broadcast or go down the street to a bar if I just really want to watch.
                            I got the MLB total watch package for the app. $100 to watch any and every game this season.

Comment

If my wifes GM wasn't living with us, cable would be gone. We already do netflix, and amazon prime.

Comment

Working...
                              X