Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything worthwhile in the Orlando Fl area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    It wasn't too bad when I was there last summer. I mean it wasn't the Emerald Coast or Sarasota, but it was cool and the water was nice. Lots of eye candy and kick ass parties going on...
    It's been several years since I've been but there was trash everywhere and grass growing all through it. Just poorly kept.

The beach in galveston I was at last year was cleaner with black seaweed washing up.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      I was looking at hitting up Daytona beach tomorrow after hotel check in. I am something of a theme park junkie, hence the universal studios.
      Drive to Tampa instead...beaches much nicer on gulf side in Florida. Daytona Beach sucks...

Comment

On Daytona right now, not that bad

Comment

been 3 times this year, went to blue springs in Jan to see the manatees and it was great, not my idea of a good dive spot but I don't like caves. guy I worked with there said that juniper fl was the best day trip diving near Orlando
          4rivers bbq was also great
          went to cocoa beach, it wasn't bad but nothing to write about. I haven't been but from what I have heard stopping in the destin panama city area might be a better choice than daytona

Comment

I'm not into caves either, I am far more interested in the run itself. Hoping to see gar, turtles, fish, and river otters if I'm lucky. Really hoping for no gators.

Comment

Finished the dive. The cave was meh, but the run was awesome. Saw about 30 gar. Several turtles, loads of fish that I can't identify.

Comment

Drink a Jai Alai.

Comment

Finally got signal back. New Smyrna beach blows Daytona away, its raw, but so damn nice. Universal studios was alright, but not worth the price of admission.

Comment

Just got back from Orlando yesterday. We hit up cocoa beach and Pensacola since we were out there. Cocoa was nice and quiet, but The sand and water was nothing special. Pensacola was a great beach with amazing sand and clear water about 30 yards out. It was crazy getting in and out of the area though. Just too touristy.

We drive all the way to Orlando. Found a really good restaurant called Georgia Blue in Hattiesburg.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Just got back from Orlando yesterday. We hit up cocoa beach and Pensacola since we were out there. Cocoa was nice and quiet, but The sand and water was nothing special. Pensacola was a great beach with amazing sand and clear water about 30 yards out. It was crazy getting in and out of the area though. Just too touristy.

We drive all the way to Orlando. Found a really good restaurant called Georgia Blue in Hattiesburg.

I did the drive out there in a day and the drive back in a day. Long mother fucking drive. I hit Daytona and New Smyrna. Daytona was OK, but Smyrna was incredible. Drove out directly onto the sand, parked and it might has well have been a private beach.

The tropical disturbance was really kicking up the waves, so it was a ton of fun, but not very clear.

Universal was a lot of fun, but not worth the $200. Islands of adventure can eat a dick. I wound up cussing them at the top of my lungs because they didn't bother to tell anyone that cell phones weren't allowed on a ride, even in velcro pockets, until you waited in line for 30 mins. Head back to the lockers and wait again.

After my little outburst, they suddenly started announcing no cell phones or other loose articles at the fucking entrance.

Comment

The waves were kicking up a little at cocoa beach, but nothing of major note. I had no idea of the storm until we were leaving.

We made multiple night stops on the way there, and one stop on the way back. Just can't do that without stopping with my kiddos. Best sunset I have ever seen was over the bridge leavin Pensacola.

We drove by universal and thought we might go next time. The two Disney parks we went to was enough of an ass whipping for us.

Comment

Working...
                        X