License Plate/registration question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Plate/registration question

We recently bought a used scooter lift to put on the back of our vehicle and it has a license plate.

Do we have to get another plate? I assume we do and register it in our name. Do you pay the tax on something like this? Do I need a bill of sale?

My googles suck.

arent those just mounts for the vehicles plate? to relocate since i cant be seen with the scooter loaded up??

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      arent those just mounts for the vehicles plate? to relocate since i cant be seen with the scooter loaded up??

god bless.
      I don't know if its the same plate as the vehicle it was on. I wasn't there at the time of purchase.

My wife just thought it would be cool and buy this heavy piece of shit for me to take off and on, and generally piss me off.

Comment

i pretty sure thats what it is man. we are talking about one of those jobs that slides into your hitch right???

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i pretty sure thats what it is man. we are talking about one of those jobs that slides into your hitch right???

god bless.
          yes. it is on the hitch and lowers to put on a scooter.

So, if it is the same as the vehicle, do you just go to the tax/dmv office and request another plate to match your vehicle?

Comment

yeah man. thats the plate off whatever car WAS hauling it around. its just to keep you from getting pulled over for an obstructed plate.

god bless.

Comment

I believe Elvis is correct.

For payback, I would make your wife go to the DMV to try to get it registered...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

just move the plate off the truck when you put it on, and swap it back when you take it off.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  just move the plate off the truck when you put it on, and swap it back when you take it off.
                  I was thinking of going that route. I was trying to make it all easier on the wife but then I just kind of realized.....

I am going to end up mounting it to the truck anyways, whats another few screws ???

Comment

Just make a photocopy of the plate, glue it to some poster board, laminate it and mouth that on the scooter hitch...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

This lift is the gift that keeps on giving. This is my wifes customization of our mailbox.

Is there some cement adhesive to fix this?

Comment

I don't know about cement adhesive, but the flag on that mailbox makes about as much sense as a football bat.

Comment

LMAO, yea I thought the same thing when I saw it when I moved in. I haven't had time to mess with it.

Comment

How do you plan to pick up the mail box to apply the adhesive and reposition it?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                              How do you plan to pick up the mail box to apply the adhesive and reposition it?
                              scooter lift obv.

god bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X