Anyone have a drone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a drone?

Been playing around with the idea of getting a drone just to play around with.

Anyone here already have one to give informed opinions of ownership?

It doesn't seem to be a cheap hobby, so it's something I'd like to get more info on before dropping cash.

Thanks!

Look at 4bangin's official rc thread in the pic forum.

Comment

dromida ominus is a fun entry level quad.

Comment

get a 50 dollar drone from amazon. I thought it would be fun and it was for about 2 days and then got boring since the thing couldn't fly against the wind. and I crashed it inside.

Comment

I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision and love it. I bought it used off CL back in December and haven't had 1 problem with it. I had a slightly hard landing about a month ago and it tipped over and cracked one of the blades, but it was operator error and no big deal to replace.

What kind of drone are you thinking about getting?

Comment

There is a learning curve for flying multi-rotors, but you can tune them to be extremely stable and easy to control.
            I have found that you get what you pay for in this hobby. A $60 drone flies accordingly, and will usually be a handful, due to terrible controls, and components, and a "sloppy" feeling; where as, a $600 drone, with a proper transmitter, and quality components, would have a more "locked in" feel, and be crisp and responsive.
            This creates a difficult paradigm. People entering the hobby, usually don't feel confident or comfortable enough to drop $$$$$$ on something they might not stick with, so they will commonly purchase a cheaper alternative, which in turn, gives them a false or degraded representation of the hobby.
            You are more than welcome to come to the house and try some of my quads, before you invest in something you may or may not enjoy.

Comment

Dji Phantom 2 is the one you want.

Comment

I get one right at 2000rpm. I think it's the flowmasters
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  solid
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    Monica!

Lmao!

Comment

Phantoms are excellent machines if you get their higher end ones. They are fragile machines and do not like to be bumped at all. They are supremly stable and great for pictures.
                      Now if you want to have fun there is the Storm Racing Drone. Its $400 complete with everything except an FPV monitor but it does have the camera and video transmitter already installed. Stock battery and charger suck so plan on another $100 for a few good batteries and a good charger.

They can take an absolute beating. I have slammed into power wires at flank speed, bashed into a brick house doing over 30 MPH, bounced it off the ground while flying inverted..... it just breaks props. They are only a buck so who cares? BTW, order lots of props.

They do have another version that includes DJIs NAZA GPS system. So you can fly fast and do tricks or switch on the GPS and you can set the remote down and it will hover in near perfect position even in 20 mph winds.

I can also tell you they have the best customer service I have ever seen. Even though they are in China they respond right away and get you replacement parts in a few days. When you order the quad it will be at your door in under 48 hours from Hong Kong. Amazing shipping.

Oh yeah, the company is helipal.com and here is the drone:

This is the GPS version:

These are the two I have:

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Almost forgot, one of the best machines out is the IRIS+. They are $750 complete but have expensive options like camera gimbals and FPV systems. They have an amazing amount of tech though.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Tested on youtube has some good drone vids. basically show and tells etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X