Who knows old Dana rear ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knows old Dana rear ends?

I'm posting for a friend so I don't know off hand the exact model. I know it is 8 lug and it is not original to the truck it is in (66ish Chevy C10). It has 4.11 gears, but with the 292 straight 6 the guy is using, he is really hurting on gas mileage and wants to change it to something like a 3.50ish. He checked with one shop and the guy didn't seem to think they made gears for that rear that were in that range. This is out of my element and could use some advice.

They make

However, 4.10 is the cuttoff needs a new carrier to go below that

Comment

You can get a 3.54 gear ratio for a Dana 60 or Dana 44.

Check with Motive or someone that sells their product.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Do you know if it had a removable third member similar to a ford 9 inch?

If it does its an Eaton HO52. If not it is likely a Dana 60.

Comment

If he can't get a different gear, he could always just run a taller tire.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
          X